Memphis man faces felony drug charges after traffic stop
A Sunday evening traffic stop two miles east of New Albany on U.S. Highway 78 has led to the discovery of more than 1/2 pound of marijuana and landed a Memphis man in jail.
According to Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop F Public Affairs Officer Ray Hall, James E. Toney, Jr. 37, of Memphis, Tenn. was arrested and charged Sunday evening with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
Hall said that the arrest came after a trooper stopped the vehicle in which Toney was a passenger.
“After a brief investigation, the drugs were discovered and Toney was placed in custody,” Hall said.
Hall said that the case remains under investigation.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...