Gray faces challenger in elections
With the November elections approaching, Union Countians living in District Two will have a choice to make regarding a Union County school board representative.
Gary Gray, who currently holds the seat of School Board, District Two, will face challenger Mickey Basil in the Nov. 2, 2010 election.
Meanwhile, Union County School Board member Terry Cook, who represents the county’s first district, will not have an opponent in the election.
Union Countians will also have several decisions to make in regard to judicial representatives for state’s First Congressional District.
All four of the district’s Chancery Court judges’ positions are up for election. They are John A. Hatcher for Place One, Michael Malski for Place Two, Jacqueline Estes Mask for Place Three and Talmadge D. Littlejohn for Place Four. None of these candidates will face an opponent.
In the Court of Appeals, District One, Position One race, Jimmy Maxwell will go unchallenged, while Donna M. Barnes and Kelly L. Mims will face each other for the Court of Appeals, District One, Position Two seat.
In the Circuit Court races, Andrew K. Howorth will seek re-election to the District Three, Place One seat. Shirley C. Byers and Robert W. Elliot face each other in the District Three, Place Two race. John A. Gregory, Tom Levidiotis and Dave Rozier are all up for the Circuit Court Judge, District Three, Place Three seat.
County residents, like all residents of Mississippi’s First U.S. Congressional District, will also be electing a U.S. House of Representative.
Incumbent Democrat Travis W. Childers will face seven opponents in his bid for re-election, most notably Republican challenger Alan Nunelee. Four independent candidates, A.G. Baddley, Les Green, Rick “Rico” Hoskins and Wally Pang, have also entered the race. Other challengers include Constitution candidate Gail Giaramita and Libertarian Harold M. Taylor.
The election is set for Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2010. The polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. that day. The Gazette will release a list of voting precincts at a later date.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer