Sherman News, August 18, 2010
Sherman Day will be Saturday, September 11, as we celebrate community, family, and friends. Join us for some or all of the events scheduled for the day. Events include the 3rd annual 5K Run, Fire House Poker Run, Bark in the Park, BBQ Dinner and Dinner Theater.
The 3rd annual 5K Run is sponsored by Bresee Outpatient Physical Therapy and directed by the Tupelo Running Club. The 5K course starts in front of the Sherman Park and Town Hall at 8 a.m. The loop course has a short out and back section and takes you through the center of Sherman. There are some rolling hills as well as a challenging climb back into town. There will be plenty of free parking, and bathroom facilities will be available at the Sherman Park. All entrants will receive a Sherman Day 5k t-shirt.
The entry fee is $15 if postmarked or received at Bresee Outpatient Physical Therapy office on or before September 3. Fee is $20 after September 3 and on race day. Awards will be given to males and females in several categories.
Register for the 5K Run in advance at active.com or stop by Bresee’s on 3rd Avenue. For more information, please contact Bresee Outpatient Physical Therapy at 662.842.2100.
The Tri-County Baptist youth went to Hurricane Baptist August 14 for a youth rally.
Bro. Don Smith will be bringing the message at 11 a.m. at Tri-County Baptist Church Sunday, August 29, and the Williams family will be singing. Lunch will be served immediately after the morning service, and there will be no evening services.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...