Myrtle splits with Marshall Academy on the hard court
Myrtle picked up back to back wins this week, defeating Tupelo Christian Monday and Marshall Academy Tuesday night.
Only ahead 18-13 after the first, Jimel Judon had five points in the second quarter, leading the Hawks (2-0) on an 11-1 run going into halftime, giving them the 36-27 lead.
Myrtle extended their lead after the half, as the Hawks defense held the Patriots to only nine third quarter points.
Judon had another seen points in the fourth quarter, as Myrtle led by as many as 20. J. White kept Marshall Academy in the game, as he had five three-pointers in the game and eight points in the fourth quarter.
Myrtle was able to hold on to the win despite the Patriots having 10 three-pointers in the game.
David Wilson led the Hawks with 18 points, while Robert Montgomery and Judon each had 16 and Russ Yates 13 points.
Marshall Academy 44, Myrtle 32
The Lady Hawks (1-1) started slow and were unable to catch up to the Lady Patriots, as they fell 44-32 Tuesday night.
Down 11-3 after the first, Halle Knowles had a three-pointer to help get Myrtle back in the game, as they were down 18-13 at the half.
Finding an answer for MA’s Emily Burke and Kelsey Shaw, who score all of the Lady Patriot’s first half points, Meshay Cox started the third with a three-point play and Myrtle took their first lead off a basket by Knowles.
Shaw, along with Callie Clanton helped lead Marshall Academy in the fourth, scoring 11 of the Lady Patriots’ 13 points, leading them to the win.
Knowles had 10 points to lead Myrtle, who was 10-for-25 from the free throw line.
Myrtle will play at New Albany this Friday night.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...