Shands, Orrell to wed Sept. 12
Mr. and Mrs. Rodney Shands of New Albany, Miss. are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter Leslie Elizabeth Shands to John Sharp (Shae) Orrell, III, both of Oxford.
The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mr. Melton Hewitt Moore and the late Ophelia Price Moore of McComb and the late Dr. and Mrs. Robert Eugene Shands of New Albany.
Leslie graduated from W. P Daniel High School in New Albany in 1997 and graduated from the University of Mississippi with a degree in Elementary Education.
She is employed as a second grade teacher at Oxford Elementary.
The prospective groom is the son of Emmy Jarjoura and the late Sonny Orrell of Senatobia.
He is the grandson of the late Constance Golden and the late Mr. Wilson Golden, Sr. of Holly Springs and the late Mr. and Mrs. John S. Orrell, Sr. of Charleston.
John is a 1999 graduate of Senatobia High School and attended Northwest Mississippi Community College and the University of Mississippi.
He is employed as a teacher at North Mississippi Regional Center in Oxford.
The couple will exchange vows on September 12, 2009 at 5:30 p.m. at the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church in New Albany.
The officiating minister will be Reverend William Everett and the reception will take place at the home of the bride’s parents.
About Chris Elkins
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer