Clayton, Bowlin to wed May 2
Mr. and Mrs. Roger Vance Clayton of New Albany are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter Sallye Kathryn Clayton of New Albany to William Johnson Bowlin of New Albany. She is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Lawson Andrew Harville of Corinth, Mrs. Joyce Clayton and the late Mr. and Mrs. Joel Clayton of Potts Camp. Sallye graduated from Booneville High School in 2004 as a Hall of Fame graduate and also received her Associate of Arts degree in Accounting from Northeast Mississippi Community College in 2006. She received a degree from the University of Mississippi in 2008 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting. She was a member of Phi Theta Kappa and Alpha Sigma Lambda honor societies. She is currently employed as an internal auditor at BanCorp South in Tupelo, Miss. The prospective groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. John Williams (Bill) Bowlin of Hickory Flat. He is the grandson of Mrs. Josephine Ormon, the late Samuel Johnson Ormon, Mrs. Gladys Bowlin, and the late Fielden Abston Bowlin, Jr., all of Hickory Flat, Miss. William graduated from Hickory Flat Attendance Center in 1997. He also received a Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis on Wildlife and Fisheries Science from Mississippi State University in 2001. He graduated cum laude. He is currently pursuing a Master’s degree from Mississippi State University in Public Policy and Administration where he is a member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society. His honors include the following: Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity, Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges, Order of Omega, Omicron Delta Kappa, Alpha Theta Chi, Golden Key, Blue Key Honor Societies, Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society and Xi Sigma Pi National Forest Honor Society. He is currently employed as a conservation officer for the Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks. The couple will exchange vows on May 2, 2009 at 2 p.m. at New Albany Church of Christ. There will be a reception at New Albany’s Magnolia Civic Center and Cine’ Theatre immediately following the ceremony. Friends and family are invited.
About Chris Elkins
- Center Hill Baptist Church news June 28, 2016
- County Road 46 to be closed for several weeks due to bridge work June 28, 2016
- New Albany Fire Department represents city, associations June 28, 2016
- County jobless rate up, but still among lowest June 28, 2016
- MDOT gives sheriff’s department truck for litter collection June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...