2008 Tallahatchie Riverfest draws
Union Countians who had the opportunity to make it downtown Friday and Saturday during the 2008 Tallahatchie Riverfest were met with more people than they could shake a stick at.
According to Union County Development Association Tourism Specialist Bethany Dalton, this year’s crowd was perhaps the largest ever to attend the annual event.
“We don’t have a specific count, but we do know that our vendors reported more sales than any previous years,” said Dalton. “Also, the police department reported that there were more attendants during the daytime hours than they had seen before.”
Attendants this year were able to participate in many of the annual events, including the Literary Fest held Friday at the Magnolia Civic Center, the Kidsfest and “Paint the Town” Saturday, as well as the BNA Bank’s Annual RiverRun, where a record number of participants were reported to have run this year.
Attendees were also treated to many local music acts, both Friday evening and Saturday. The headliner of the festival, Canadian country music band Emerson Drive, of course, drew a large crowd of adoring fans as well.
Patrons of the arts were also able to attend the one-act plays held Saturday by the Tallahatchie River Players. The drama troupe performed winning plays, “Strangers in the Night,” written by Evan Guilford-Blake of Stone Mountain, Ga., “Mama’s Little Soldier” by Dr. Carla C. Stanford of New Albany and “The Education of a Queen” by Paulina Dennis of Myrtle.
“Overall, it was another big success for New Albany and Union County,” Dalton said. “We just want to thank everyone who helped make this event the success that it was.”
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...