NA aldermen discuss prospect of spray park
The New Albany Board of Aldermen once again raised the issue of constructing a spray park at the New Albany/Union County Sportsplex during its meeting Tuesday evening.
The board voted to once again advertise for bids on constructing a spray park. This time, however, the cost of pouring concrete for the park will not be included in the bids.
According to New Albany Mayor Tim Kent, the board wants to examine the possibility of finding a local business to pour the concrete, hoping that move will save the city a large sum of money on the project.
The reason the bids were so high was because the cost of pouring the concrete was added into the bids, said Kent. We think, though, that we will be able to find a local company to pour the concrete for a lower cost than we would have to advertise for.
According to New Albany Park and Rec
The spray park would be to the right of the park area at the intersection
It was proposed by Sam Creekmore
One of the aldermen opposed its placement there, stating that it should be on the other side HWY 78.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...