Center Hill New 11/28/07
The Ecru Christmas Parade was another success this year. I know there were over 30 entries for when Marie and I were looking for The Center Hill Float, we asked one person what number he was and he said 31…we were #21…We rode the float with the younger ones and enjoyed it, but we missed all the other entries so we’re going to let the younger adults ride next year so we can enjoy seeing them!!!
The Adult Sunday School Class will have their Christmas Party on Saturday December 8th at the home of Jolene Tutor. Bro. Stark will be cooking most of the food but anyone wanting to bring a dish or dessert is surely welcomed to do so.
The Young Adult Sunday School’s party is also on December 8th with everyone meeting in the home of Anthony and Danica McCord.
Our Christmas Program will be on Sunday, December 23rd during the Morning Service. It’s going to be ‘An Ole Fashioned Christmas’ with real piano music and the young children will do their play at the same time. We will follow with our Church wide Christmas Lunch after services. Everyone is invited.
Ms. Bonnie, Pam Lessel, Lois Herring, Marie Grant, Denise Presley and I went to Memphis on Friday Christmas Shopping. Ms. Bonnie took us to some of the best places. We ate lunch at the Dixie Caf and had supper at Cracker Barrel. We did a lot of walking, shopping and talking throughout the day so it was okay for us to eat twice while we were gone!!! We had a really good time and are looking forward to the next trip.
Bernette Mask, from Arizona, is home this week visiting with her dad, Mr. Buddy Hamblin and her sisters, Denise Presley and Marie Grant. She will be here until next Sunday, December 9th.
Happy Birthday this week to Dalton Tutor on Wednesday, December 5th, Mr. Buddy Hamblin who will turn 85 years young on Thursday, December 6th and Jimmie Lessel on Saturday, December 8th who will just turn Mr. Buddy’s number around!!!
Recipe you might use during the Holidays:
Key Lime Pie
1 small container Col Whip
1 can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
1/3 cup key lime juice
1 graham cracker crust or vanilla wafer crust
Mix cool whip and condensed milk together, then add lime juice. It will ‘cook’ the filling. Pour into the pie shell and refrigerate. It also freezes well to be used when needed.
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...