BOONEVILLE – Brittany Taylor, a 2014 graduate of West Union High School, signed with Delta State University softball on Wednesday, continuing her softball career after playing the past two seasons at Northeast Mississippi Community College. “I’m super excited, it’s always been like a dream to get to play college ball and I got to play […]
Tag Archives | West Union Lady Eagles
WHEELER – West Union only needed five innings and about an hour to shutout Wheeler 13-0 in their game one opener in 1A softball on Tuesday. Annie Orman was solid on the mound, facing the five inning minimum of 15 batters, allowing two hits while striking out seven with no walks,only facing three batters each […]
Conlee named Player of the Year in Division 2-1A Gracen Conlee of West Union was named girls Player of the Year for the 2015-2016 basketball season in Division 2-1A. Matt Thompson of West Union was named Coach of the Year for girls basket. Conlee, a senior, has been a starter for the Lady Eagles for […]
West Union rebounds to take 2-1A softball title with perfect record ENTERPRISE – West Union has returned to take the top spot in Division 2-1A fast pitch softball as the Lady Eagles swept always tough county rival Myrtle on Thursday with a convincing 10-2 win. The Lady Eagles also capped a perfect run through division […]
Annie Orman starred on the mound and at the plate in West Union’s 10-2 win over Pine Grove on Tuesday. Orman was the winning pitcher, allowing only two runs on six hits and was a home run shy of hitting for the cycle with her three hits to lead the Lady Eagles.Hailey Steen also had […]
Annie Orman limited Independence to two runs on the mound and Ashley Hatton drove in three runs as the duo led West Union to a 5-2 win over 3A Independence on Monday. “It was a good win and we needed that win,” West Union coach Hugh Yates said. “We had lost several and they’re (Independence) […]
JACKSON – Bogue Chitto did what they wanted when they wanted. The Lady Bobcats controlled possession time, won the battle on turnovers and rebounds, and used their speed to dominate West Union in a 43-23 final during the Class 1A state tournament quarterfinals. “We obviously didn’t have it today,” West Union coach Matt Thompson said, […]
Melissa Meador Monroe County Journal MYRTLE – West Union coach Matt Thompson has seen Marley Long step up in a big way. Long scored 25 points Friday night to lead the Lady Eagles to a 54-38 win over Hamilton to seal a spot in this Friday’s Class 1A girls quarterfinal. “She’s stepped up into a […]
MYRTLE – Without their leading scorer on the floor, West Union’s Lady Eagles used defensive pressure to grab their win on Monday. The Eagles earned a 46-35 win over Jumpertown in the opening round of the Class 1A playoffs, with Marley Long and Kylie Massengill providing the offensive spark that West Union needed. “I just get […]
West Union edges Myrtle in overtime thriller HICKORY FLAT – West Union and Myrtle battled it out for a full 32 minutes and then headed to overtime by way of a Kylie Massengill buzzer-beater three to decide the Division 2-1A girls championship on Friday as the Lady Eagles squeaked out the 37-36 win. “We did […]
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer