Tag Archives | New Albany High School
BY DENNIS CLAYTON SALTILLO – East Union boys ran in dominating fashion at the Saltillo Invitational Meet on Saturday as they took top honors in the 1A-3A division with 43 points, easily outdistancing second place Potts Camp, which finished with 128 points. Jordon Salmon led the Urchins with his second place finish with a time […]
Teams from East Union, Ingomar, Myrtle New Albany and West Union will compete on Saturday at the Saltillo Invitational which is one of the largest and most competitive cross country meets in the state. This year is no different with over 40 high school teams scheduled to run. Varsity schedule starts at 10:00 with the […]
NEW ALBANY – Opportunities presented themselves early for New Albany, who routed the Amory Panthers with a two-touchdown fourth quarter and nabbed their third win of the season in a 34-24 final. The Bulldogs found two turnovers in the first six minutes of the game, taking a 13-0 lead after a fumble by the Panthers […]
NEW ALBANY – In their first home game of the 2015 season, the Bulldogs walked away with a win. It was a close one, a 27-24 final, but one a long time coming for New Albany. The last time the Bulldogs defeated Pontotoc was in 2013, when the senior class were sophomores and the juniors […]
FULTON – New Albany won the turnover battle on Friday, but a second half filled with miscues, penalties, and stalled offensive play saw the Itawamba Indians take the 45-28 win. Indians senior quarterback Vijay Miller passed for over 250 yards during the game, tossing three touchdown passes and running a fourth while Bulldogs quarterback […]
NEW ALBANY – The Bulldogs have found their coach. Robert Burdette was approved by the New Albany School Board on Monday to assume the position of boys’ basketball coach for the 2015-2016 school year. “I know there was a lot of interest in the position,” Burdette said, “So I’m very honored and very fortunate that […]
NEW ALBANY – The athletic landscape for Union County and New Albany city schools will look different for the 2015-2016 school year as all five schools have made the decision to separate their schedules across all high school sports. Beginning in August, New Albany will no longer participate in any athletic contest with East Union, […]
JACKSON – New Albany took it to the final seconds and the final play against Bay High, coming up short in a 68-65 loss during a Friday quarterfinal game against the 2014 Class 4A runner-up. “Bay is a veteran team who know what they are doing and made plays when they had too,” Lady Bulldogs […]
JACKSON – The Bulldogs never got over the hump. All through New Albany’s 66-52 loss to the McComb Tigers, the Bulldogs kept the game close. Three points, two points, one point – all of them separated the team from the lead or a tie, but the Bulldogs never overtook the defending 4A champions. “They played […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on