NEW ALBANY – There is a coaching shake up along Highway 30. Former Oxford High School co-defensive coordinator Jake Hill has been named the new football coach for the New Albany Bulldogs after seven year head coach Ron Price announced his resignation in November. Hill grew up in Oxford, coaching the Chargers during two state […]
Tag Archives | New Albany Bulldogs
NEW ALBANY – After seven years as the Bulldogs head coach, Ron Price announced his resignation to the New Albany school board on Thursday. “I’m thankful for the opportunity to have been the head coach….the last seven years have been an honor,” Price said. Price’s resume as he departs the Bulldogs program includes a 44-40 […]
BYHALIA – It took seven weeks for New Albany to find a win, but that made it all the sweeter at the conclusion of a 35-6 victory over Byhalia. “All year we have needed something to spark our team and get us going. Tonight our special teams got us going….defense played outstanding, offense had some […]
Friday wasn’t a good day for the Bulldogs, who remain winless after a 52-13 loss to Corinth. Setbacks began long before game time, with two starters arriving to school on game day with injuries. “Our center, Hunt Parks, comes to me and I find out he’s got a broken hand, and then Isaiah Powell is […]
Friday wasn’t a good day for the Bulldogs. “We get to school this morning and our center, Hunt Parks comes to me and I find out he’s got a broken hand, and then Isaiah Powell is wearing a boot. We knew Isaiah had turned his ankle last Friday and we’ve treated him for that all […]
IUKA – Post-season hopes are dim for the Lady Bulldogs volleyball team afterthe team dropped a division contest to Tishomingo County in a 2-1 final. The Lady Braves opened with a 7-0 run in the first set before New Albany battled back to within two points at 10-8. Tishomingo County won the first two sets […]
The hits just seem to keep coming for New Albany. With four games in the record books, the Bulldogs are still looking for their first win of the season. After a fourth-quarter shocker by the Pontotoc Warriors last week, this Friday New Albany was the team in the driver’s seat as the minutes ticked down. […]
It definitely wasn’t the bounce back game that New Albany had been looking for. Itawamba quarterback Vijay Miller and the Indians offense couldn’t be stopped on Friday, shutting the Bulldogs in a 35-0 final. “Itawamba is a great football team, and they made some mistakes last week that cost them the game. Unfortunately they got […]
OXFORD – Another football season, another dramatic win. New Albany came out firing on all cylinders for their jamboree contest against the Kossuth Aggies, winning in a 14-12 decision after taking an early lead and never looking back. For a team who averaged seven points per game last season, the two touchdowns are already an […]
NEW ALBANY – New Albany took early leads in the first two sets against Lafayette, but the Lady Commodores clawed their way back to win and took the third set by a wide margin as they won the match 3-0 on Monday. “We played hard, we just don’t know how to finish a game,” New […]
- Ashland clips Myrtle in division action January 27, 2015
- Tens of millions of retail dollars leaving county; officials planning to counter that January 28, 2015
- Burglars get cash and drugs from Rite Aid pharmacy January 28, 2015
- Soups to bowl you over January 30, 2015
- Eastern Lights January 30, 2015
- Rite-Aid burglary may be tied to string of similar break-ins January 30, 2015
- Union County jobless rate up slightly; state still worst in nation January 30, 2015
- New Albany schools announce teachers of the year January 30, 2015
- More candidates join Third District supervisor’s race January 30, 2015
- Baptist Memorial Hospital brings new surgeon in January 30, 2015
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
- Vicky Rose: Bedwell for Congress - the only candidate actively...
- Amy Harris: Friday night didn't do as well because of FOOTBAL...