New Albany gained a narrow 53-52 victory on Tuesday, defeating Greenwood in the opening round of the Class 4A state playoffs. “I feel that our offensive execution and our kids’ willingness to match their (Greenwood) physicality on both ends of the court were definitely the keys to the win,” New Albany coach Brad Gray said. […]
Tag Archives | New Albany Bulldogs
OXFORD – New Albany appeared to still be on the bus in the opening quarter of their 2-4A division tournament game against Lafayette. The Bulldogs found themselves on the wrong end of the 18-12 score, but they kept grinding and working to down the Commodores 57-50 on Wednesday. “You can’t make excuses, they (Lafayette) just […]
INGOMAR – Ingomar and New Albany met again for the second time in less than a month and the Lady Falcons kept their win streak alive in a took a 56-36 win over the Bulldogs New Albany won the nightcap 70-56. In both games, the winning team took an early lead and never relinquished it. […]
Five New Albany Bulldog players have received All-District honors from the 2-4A coaches who selected the team on Wednesday. Among the selections are junior Miles Washington as Defensive MVP. Washington is joined on the team by Jarel Lipsey and Rashad McWilliams while Reggie McWilliams was awarded an Honorable Mention. For the Lady Dawgs, Samantha Bridges […]
New Albany took a pair of wins in their final regular season division contest against Senatobia as the Lady Bulldogs won 51-35 and the Bulldogs took the closing game 69-55. New Albany got off to a slow start in the first quarter, leading by only four points at 7-3. The second quarter saw the Lady […]
NEW ALBANY – There is a coaching shake up along Highway 30. Former Oxford High School co-defensive coordinator Jake Hill has been named the new football coach for the New Albany Bulldogs after seven year head coach Ron Price announced his resignation in November. Hill grew up in Oxford, coaching the Chargers during two state […]
NEW ALBANY – After seven years as the Bulldogs head coach, Ron Price announced his resignation to the New Albany school board on Thursday. “I’m thankful for the opportunity to have been the head coach….the last seven years have been an honor,” Price said. Price’s resume as he departs the Bulldogs program includes a 44-40 […]
BYHALIA – It took seven weeks for New Albany to find a win, but that made it all the sweeter at the conclusion of a 35-6 victory over Byhalia. “All year we have needed something to spark our team and get us going. Tonight our special teams got us going….defense played outstanding, offense had some […]
Friday wasn’t a good day for the Bulldogs, who remain winless after a 52-13 loss to Corinth. Setbacks began long before game time, with two starters arriving to school on game day with injuries. “Our center, Hunt Parks, comes to me and I find out he’s got a broken hand, and then Isaiah Powell is […]
Friday wasn’t a good day for the Bulldogs. “We get to school this morning and our center, Hunt Parks comes to me and I find out he’s got a broken hand, and then Isaiah Powell is wearing a boot. We knew Isaiah had turned his ankle last Friday and we’ve treated him for that all […]
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Weather causes rescheduling of Union County/New Albany girls basketball February 23, 2015
- Lady Falcons win division tournament February 26, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...