OXFORD – For the fifth consecutive year, the Bulldogs brought home a state title. New Albany defeated Newton County 6-1 for the Class 4A tennis championship, in seven matches that could have gone either way through the opening sets. “I think just the excitement of the day, it made it a bit closer of a […]
Tag Archives | New Albany Bulldogs
OXFORD – New Albany closed out the 2016 tennis season with a few more titles. Seven members of the Bulldogs team finished the season as state champions after the three-day Class 4A Individual Tournament in Oxford. “It’s been a great week,” Bulldogs head coach Suzy Bowman said, “Just a storybook ending for all my seniors, they […]
Several local track athletes punched their tickets for the MHSAA State Track and Field Championships to be held in Pearl on May 6 and 7. Myrtle, East Union and Ingomar ran at Winona in their 1A and 2A competition that covered two days due to inclement weather. Myrtle competed in the 1A North and individual […]
Union County had a huge showing at regional track meets on Saturday as East Union won the boys and girls 1-2A meet at Tupelo while Myrtle swept both titles in region 1-1A in Oxford. East Union girls were again led by Katie Rowan, winner of the 100 meter hurdles in 16.66 and 300 meter hurdles […]
New Albany saw their season come to a close on Saturday as the Amory Panthers and pitcher Aubrey Gillentine took the 10-0 win. Gillentine was untouchable through four innings, but Peyton Jolly broke up the no-hitter with his one-out double in the fifth. The teams battled through three scoreless innings although Amory missed a golden […]
NEW ALBANY – On four of the five courts in the finals of the 2-4A division tennis tournament, the Bulldogs were featured players. New Albany took home individual division titles in boys singles, girls doubles, boys doubles, and mixed doubles during Tuesday’s tournament at the BNA Tennis and Soccer complex, with the Bulldogs running the […]
New Albany competed in the Division 2-4A track meet on Tuesday and the boys team placed third with 50 points while the girls finished fourth with 36. Braudrique Boyd had two seconds to lead the boys team as he was just edged out in the 100 meters by Travis Tucker of Senatobia. Tucker ran a […]
The combination of Lucy Martin and Lauren Dunlap turned in a win for the Lady Natchez Trace meet. Martin and Dunlap finished with an 85-point total, two points below the second place finisher, Oxford High School. Martin earned co-medalist honors by shooting for a 39-point total, tying with Oxford’s Michela Bryant. In boys’ action, Oxford […]
SALTILLO – On both sides of the ball, New Albany’s Eli Jackson led the way for the Bulldogs. New Albany topped Itawamba 7-0 on Wednesday in the last game of the day at the Saltillo Tournament, with Jackson pitching for six innings where he gave up only three hits. Jackson faced all but the final […]
NEW ALBANY – New Albany carried Senatobia into the eighth inning before the visitors got the RBI single to regain the lead and eventually take the win 5-4. Senatobia got their leadoff batter on, moved him to second on a sacrifice bunt and then drove the deciding run in on a RBI single. New Albany […]
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer