Conlee named Player of the Year in Division 2-1A Gracen Conlee of West Union was named girls Player of the Year for the 2015-2016 basketball season in Division 2-1A. Matt Thompson of West Union was named Coach of the Year for girls basket. Conlee, a senior, has been a starter for the Lady Eagles for […]
Tag Archives | Myrtle Lady Hawks
Myrtle boys and girls made it a clean sweep at the division track meet at Potts Camp on Monday as the girls amassed 94.5 points to cruise to the win and the boys won by 19 points over Ashland. Geniesha Montgomery and Ivory Montgomery led the Lady Hawks domination with three firsts. Geniesha won the […]
West Union rebounds to take 2-1A softball title with perfect record ENTERPRISE – West Union has returned to take the top spot in Division 2-1A fast pitch softball as the Lady Eagles swept always tough county rival Myrtle on Thursday with a convincing 10-2 win. The Lady Eagles also capped a perfect run through division […]
TUPELO – East Union and Myrtle went head-to-head in the 1A-3A small school division at the Daily Journal Relays and the teams finished 1-2 overall with the Lady Urchins taking the win. East Union had a total of 169 points and Myrtle finished with 137.50. Katie Rowan won three events for the second consecutive year […]
East Union, Myrtle take first in Tri-County Meet East Union boys and Myrtle girls took wins in the first-ever Tri-County track meet at Byhalia on Saturday. East Union took first place in seven events with Jordon Salmon leading the Urchins with his first place finishes in the 800 and 1600 meter runs. Salmon had winning […]
INGOMAR – Myrtle’s 16 hits did a lot of damage on Monday as the Lady Hawks took a 15-5 win over Ingomar in non-division play. For Myrtle head coach Marty Cook, that offensive output and strong defensive play is the result of a grueling opening schedule that has the Hawks carrying a 2-6 record. “We […]
VARDAMAN – A hard fought three quarters turned into an offensive run in the fourth for Vardaman, as the Lady Rams (23-8) knocked off Myrtle (21-14) in Class 1A playoff competition. In a game where the lead was never larger than seven points, Shylysses Rimmer busted two back-to-back three-pointers. One of them signaled the final […]
Both Myrtle squads snagged a win in the first round of the Class 1A playoffs this week. On Monday, the Lady Hawks defeated Tupelo Christian in a 64-46 final, while the Hawks topped Wheeler 67-53 on Tuesday. (G) Myrtle 64, TCPS 46 Jessica Floyd’s 22 points topped the night for both teams and the Lady […]
West Union edges Myrtle in overtime thriller HICKORY FLAT – West Union and Myrtle battled it out for a full 32 minutes and then headed to overtime by way of a Kylie Massengill buzzer-beater three to decide the Division 2-1A girls championship on Friday as the Lady Eagles squeaked out the 37-36 win. “We did […]
HICKORY FLAT – Myrtle wasted little time in opening up a big lead in the opener at the Division 2-1A tournament and coasted in with the 74-48 win. One of the key elements to the win was the second quarter as the Lady Hawks went on a 17-0 run over the first four minutes of […]
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer