NEW ALBANY – The athletic landscape for Union County and New Albany city schools will look different for the 2015-2016 school year as all five schools have made the decision to separate their schedules across all high school sports. Beginning in August, New Albany will no longer participate in any athletic contest with East Union, […]
Tag Archives | myrtle high school
ASHLAND – After being pushed back by one day due to winter weather, the 2-1A division tournament got off to a start in Ashland. On Wednesday’s opening night slate were two Union County teams, as well as the Hickory Flat Rebels. Thursday will see Ingomar’s Lady Falcons and Myrtle’s Hawks boys’ teams making their tournament […]
MYRTLE – The Hawks closed up the regular season with a split decision against Potts Camp, as the Lady Cardinals held off the advancing Lady Hawks for a 67-62 win while the Myrtle boys’ team earned a 62-58 victory. Missing starter Ivory Montgomery, the Lady Hawks needed a big game from post player Jessica Floyd. […]
MYRTLE – Myrtle had an answer for every run that Jumpertown made and held on to defeat the Cardinals 60-55 on Tuesday. The Lady Hawks fell 52-45 to Jumpertown in the opening game. “We did not have the effort that we have been having, but a quick turn-around from last night’s road game at Falkner,” […]
ENTERPRISE – The West Union Eagles took Myrtle’s Hawks down to the wire in their division match-up between county rivals on Tuesday before the Hawks slipped by with the 64-62 win. West Union hit a layup at at the buzzer to reach the final margin. “We just made one extra play, that’s all,” Myrtle coach […]
INGOMAR – In a division 2-1A battle, the Falcons came out on top defeating a rallying Myrtle team 66-63 in the Union County rivals’ final regular season meeting. The Lady Falcons also garnered a win against Myrtle with a 67-35 final. In the girls’ game, Gara Beth Self led with 17 points, followed by Mallory […]
MYRTLE – Myrtle used a big first inning outburst to take the early lead and coast to a 10-0 win over Tupelo in five innings. The Lady Hawks batted around and scored six runs in the first to take a commanding 6-0 lead. “I thought we hit the ball extremely well tonight,” Myrtle coach Marty […]
MYRTLE – The Lady Hawks of Myrtle needed a win to stay in the playoff picture in their division and they rode a 16-hit attack to avenge an earlier loss as they defeated West Union 8-2 on Thursday. “I was pleased with the intensity and urgency that our girls played with,” Myrtle coach Marty Cook […]
SALTILLO – Union County runners squared off against some of the top runners in the state at Saltillo and came away with very competitive team and individual results on Saturday. Over 41 teams competed in the meet on one of the toughest courses in the state. Myrtle girls had a strong showing in the […]
ENTERPRISE – West Union hosted their preseason tournament with fellow Union County teams Ingomar and Myrtle participating in the six-game event along with Falkner, Oxford and Hickory Flat. Each team played two games with a one hour time limit or seven innings. Ingomar 16, Oxford 5 Ingomar turned a one-run deficit after one inning into […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...