Myrtle boys had never won a state title in track, but that all changed on Saturday as the Hawks won the 1A title utilizing their numbers and hard-work ethic in the competition. “We put a lot of people in (events), we got a lot of people out, ” Myrtle coach Chris Greer said. “Abiram (Frazier) […]
Tag Archives | Myrtle Hawks
Several local track athletes punched their tickets for the MHSAA State Track and Field Championships to be held in Pearl on May 6 and 7. Myrtle, East Union and Ingomar ran at Winona in their 1A and 2A competition that covered two days due to inclement weather. Myrtle competed in the 1A North and individual […]
SMITHVILLE – In the best-of-three series between Smithville and Myrtle, the Seminoles grabbed the win. Smithville took a 7-1 victory over the Hawks in a decisive game three on Monday, completing a two-game comeback to snag the series win and advance to the third round of the Class 1A playoffs. Errors proved costly for Myrtle […]
MYRTLE – Smithville got a couple of key hits and welcomed a bit of help from Myrtle to break a 1-1 tie to take game two in their 1A playoff series and force a game three at Smithville. Blake Comer singled to start the seventh and a passed ball allowed pinch runner Layne Williams to […]
Union County had a huge showing at regional track meets on Saturday as East Union won the boys and girls 1-2A meet at Tupelo while Myrtle swept both titles in region 1-1A in Oxford. East Union girls were again led by Katie Rowan, winner of the 100 meter hurdles in 16.66 and 300 meter hurdles […]
Conlee named Player of the Year in Division 2-1A Gracen Conlee of West Union was named girls Player of the Year for the 2015-2016 basketball season in Division 2-1A. Matt Thompson of West Union was named Coach of the Year for girls basket. Conlee, a senior, has been a starter for the Lady Eagles for […]
Myrtle boys and girls made it a clean sweep at the division track meet at Potts Camp on Monday as the girls amassed 94.5 points to cruise to the win and the boys won by 19 points over Ashland. Geniesha Montgomery and Ivory Montgomery led the Lady Hawks domination with three firsts. Geniesha won the […]
MYRTLE – It came down to opportunities, Myrtle capitalized on their big opportunity and West Union didn’t as the Hawks took the Division 2-1A win 3-0 and secured second place while dropping the Eagles to third. Myrtle scored all their runs in the fifth inning with the final run coming on Anthony Lipsey’s steal of […]
TUPELO – East Union and Myrtle went head-to-head in the 1A-3A small school division at the Daily Journal Relays and the teams finished 1-2 overall with the Lady Urchins taking the win. East Union had a total of 169 points and Myrtle finished with 137.50. Katie Rowan won three events for the second consecutive year […]
Union County archery teams fared well in the state championships this week as East Union placed second while Ingomar and Myrtle finished fourth in their respective classes. East Union and Ingomar fell to Mantachie who took their third consecutive title. East Union finished with 3,219 points and Ingomar totaled 3,095 compared to Mantachie’s winning score […]
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2