INGOMAR – Ingomar overcame earlier obstacles and disappointments to close the books on their 2016 season with a win over playoff-bound Walnut on Wednesday. The Lady Falcons blew open the game with a six-run second and went on to take the 10-5 win in Division 1-2A softball. “The bad thing is, I really believe that […]
Tag Archives | Ingomar Lady Falcons
Lady Falcons rally three times to take down Pine Grove DUMAS – Ingomar’s Lady Falcons found themselves down on the scoreboard to Pine Grove on three different occasions, but the Lady Falcons reached within and rallied to overcome the deficits and take the win 20-15 on the Lady Panthers home turf. Ingomar overcame Pine Grove […]
The Division 1-2A track meet was held on Wednesday at Tishomingo County High School and local teams from East Union and Ingomar had several participants advance on to the regionals. Katie Rowan led East Union to multiple wins including the long jump (15-07.25), 100 meter hurdles (17.75) and 300 meter hurdles (54.30). Rowan also placed […]
East Union and Ingomar met for game two of their Division 1-2A series in fast pitch on Tuesday and the Lady Urchins got the sweep with their 18-3 win in four innings. Raelee Bell had a huge night, driving in six runs and scoring four runs for the Lady Urchins. Bell had an inside-the-park grand […]
ELLISTOWN – East Union and Ingomar met in 2A softball for the first time on Thursday and the Lady Urchins came away with the 9-1 win. This marks Ingomar’s initial season in 2A fastpitch while East Union has been in the division for several years. The Lady Urchins cranked up their batting in the middle […]
INGOMAR – Myrtle’s 16 hits did a lot of damage on Monday as the Lady Hawks took a 15-5 win over Ingomar in non-division play. For Myrtle head coach Marty Cook, that offensive output and strong defensive play is the result of a grueling opening schedule that has the Hawks carrying a 2-6 record. “We […]
JACKSON – It is said that defense wins championships. That’s exactly what led the Lady Falcons to their first Class 2A state title in school history on Friday, where the team defeated Heidelburg 41-40. Ingomar played from behind for most of the game, down by as many as 13 points, before orchestrating a defensive push […]
JACKSON – In a game that featured 42 fouls, the Lady Falcons held strong. Ingomar defeated Newton 49-40 on Tuesday to mark their first state championship appearance since 1999 and the first in Class 2A in school history. “I’m just kind of shell shocked, it doesn’t seem real,” sophomore forward Mallory Russell said, “It’s just […]
JACKSON – Ingomar’s appearance in the Class 2A quarterfinals ended with a decisive win. The Lady Falcons topped Bassfield 69-34 to advance in the state tournament on Friday, with Ingomar finishing the game shooting 50-percent on the floor and at the free-throw line. While the Falcons controlled possession time and turnovers, where they gave up […]
Lady Falcons defeat West Bolivar to return to state tournament INGOMAR – West Bolivar stayed close for a quarter, but Ingomar’s offense started clicking and the Lady Falcons won in a runaway, 52-27. “You know during a run in the postseason that one night your offense will not travel,” Ingomar coach Trent Adair said. “Of […]
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- I-22 bridge work to continue until fall May 27, 2016
- The Playhouse May 31, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...