BY DENNIS CLAYTON DUMAS – Morgan Gooch and Lauren Thompson drove in seven runs for Ingomar on Tuesday as the Lady Falcons downed Pine Grove 11-6 in non-division play. Gooch drove in four runs with a double and single while Thompson hit a three-run homer and singled. Gooch’s double and Thompson’s homer came with two […]
Tag Archives | Ingomar High School
Teams from East Union, Ingomar, Myrtle New Albany and West Union will compete on Saturday at the Saltillo Invitational which is one of the largest and most competitive cross country meets in the state. This year is no different with over 40 high school teams scheduled to run. Varsity schedule starts at 10:00 with the […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON MYRTLE – Myrtle took the early lead, but had to hold off a late Ingomar rally to take the 8-6 win in non-division play on Tuesday. “I told the girls that it wasn’t a pretty win, our hitting today wasn’t what it has been,” Myrtle Coach Marty Cook said. “I told them […]
NEW ALBANY – The athletic landscape for Union County and New Albany city schools will look different for the 2015-2016 school year as all five schools have made the decision to separate their schedules across all high school sports. Beginning in August, New Albany will no longer participate in any athletic contest with East Union, […]
JACKSON – In a game that racked up 59 fouls for both teams, Ingomar came up short. The Falcons lost in the semi-finals of the Class 1A boys playoffs to Coffeeville in a 92-69 final. “We [Ingomar] are going up to 2A next year, and we’ll be the only 2A school without football. We just […]
JACKSON – At 30 wins, the Lady Falcons’ season came to an end on Monday as Ingomar’s young team stumbled in the final minutes of the Class 1A girls semi-final against the Pelahatchie Chiefs. “It felt like we would gain control of the game and then make a mistake,” Falcons coach Trent Adair said of […]
JACKSON – When the Falcon’s needed a playmaker, senior point guard Laquain Foster answered the call. Foster turned in 27 points in Ingomar’s 67-54 win over Montgomery County on Tuesday, finding runs in a game full of them to outlast the Hornets quietly creeping towards overtaking the lead. Ingomar jumped out ahead early, posting a […]
JACKSON – Ingomar’s young Lady Falcons squad reached another milestone on Wednesday, nabbing their first win inside Mississippi Coliseum with a 81-37 final over the Sebastopol Lady Bobcats. The victory marked the thirtieth win for the 2014-2015 season while also guaranteeing the Falcons a game on March 9 in the Class 1A girls semi-finals. Sebastopol […]
INGOMAR – Late in the fourth quarter, Ingomar trailed Coldwater in the first round of the Class 1A state playoffs. Not only did the Falcons need a big play, they needed someone to step up and lead the team. They got both in senior Laquain Foster, who turned a turnover earned by Ingomar’s defense into […]
ASHLAND – After being pushed back by one day due to winter weather, the 2-1A division tournament got off to a start in Ashland. On Wednesday’s opening night slate were two Union County teams, as well as the Hickory Flat Rebels. Thursday will see Ingomar’s Lady Falcons and Myrtle’s Hawks boys’ teams making their tournament […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on