NEW ALBANY – The athletic landscape for Union County and New Albany city schools will look different for the 2015-2016 school year as all five schools have made the decision to separate their schedules across all high school sports. Beginning in August, New Albany will no longer participate in any athletic contest with East Union, […]
Tag Archives | Ingomar High School
JACKSON – In a game that racked up 59 fouls for both teams, Ingomar came up short. The Falcons lost in the semi-finals of the Class 1A boys playoffs to Coffeeville in a 92-69 final. “We [Ingomar] are going up to 2A next year, and we’ll be the only 2A school without football. We just […]
JACKSON – At 30 wins, the Lady Falcons’ season came to an end on Monday as Ingomar’s young team stumbled in the final minutes of the Class 1A girls semi-final against the Pelahatchie Chiefs. “It felt like we would gain control of the game and then make a mistake,” Falcons coach Trent Adair said of […]
JACKSON – When the Falcon’s needed a playmaker, senior point guard Laquain Foster answered the call. Foster turned in 27 points in Ingomar’s 67-54 win over Montgomery County on Tuesday, finding runs in a game full of them to outlast the Hornets quietly creeping towards overtaking the lead. Ingomar jumped out ahead early, posting a […]
JACKSON – Ingomar’s young Lady Falcons squad reached another milestone on Wednesday, nabbing their first win inside Mississippi Coliseum with a 81-37 final over the Sebastopol Lady Bobcats. The victory marked the thirtieth win for the 2014-2015 season while also guaranteeing the Falcons a game on March 9 in the Class 1A girls semi-finals. Sebastopol […]
INGOMAR – Late in the fourth quarter, Ingomar trailed Coldwater in the first round of the Class 1A state playoffs. Not only did the Falcons need a big play, they needed someone to step up and lead the team. They got both in senior Laquain Foster, who turned a turnover earned by Ingomar’s defense into […]
ASHLAND – After being pushed back by one day due to winter weather, the 2-1A division tournament got off to a start in Ashland. On Wednesday’s opening night slate were two Union County teams, as well as the Hickory Flat Rebels. Thursday will see Ingomar’s Lady Falcons and Myrtle’s Hawks boys’ teams making their tournament […]
INGOMAR – Ingomar and New Albany met again for the second time in less than a month and the Lady Falcons kept their win streak alive in a took a 56-36 win over the Bulldogs New Albany won the nightcap 70-56. In both games, the winning team took an early lead and never relinquished it. […]
HICKORY FLAT – The division finale for Ingomar and Hickory Flat brought a dramatic conclusion as the Rebels topped the Falcons in a 66-59 final. “It was the most complete effort on both ends of the floor we’ve had this season,” Rebels coach Michael Seger said of the win. In the opening period, Ingomar jumped […]
INGOMAR – In a division 2-1A battle, the Falcons came out on top defeating a rallying Myrtle team 66-63 in the Union County rivals’ final regular season meeting. The Lady Falcons also garnered a win against Myrtle with a 67-35 final. In the girls’ game, Gara Beth Self led with 17 points, followed by Mallory […]
- Burdette to lead Bulldogs May 19, 2015
- State of the Region meeting set for Wednesday May 22, 2015
- MHP to step up enforcement over holiday weekend May 22, 2015
- Kids’ cooking class offered next week May 22, 2015
- Frazier memorial motorcycle ride will be Saturday May 22, 2015
- NAHS administrator chosen Principal of the Year May 22, 2015
- Cancer Relay for Life date will be June 5 May 22, 2015
- Award-winning writer doesn’t follow the rules May 22, 2015
- Spray park in sportsplex opens Saturday May 22, 2015
- Office will be open Saturday morning for absentee voting May 22, 2015
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
- David: While many Countries around the world have similar...