The Spunk Monkees will perform from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. on Oct. 26 at Hill Country Halloween. “In the tiny town of Myrtle, the Spunk Monkees got its start. In the early 1990s, the band was a country act called Misbehavin’, but the guys felt the call to rock out,” according to band history, Main […]
Tag Archives | featured
New Albany Elementary School celebrated Literacy Day on Sept. 20. Students were able to bring blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals from home to create a comfortable place for reading. Students participated in the NAES Bullpup Read-A-Thon and were treated to a Bullpup Reading Pep Rally featuring New Albany High School cheerleaders. During the Read-A-Thon, more […]
By Dennis Clayton Myrtle girls turned in an impressive and dominating performance in the 1A-3A Girls 4000 meters at the Southerntees Challenge on Saturday. The Lady Hawks placed eight runners in the top 16 to take the trophy home as the top overall team in the event. All eight runners finished the course in times […]
It was a night of big plays as New Albany and North Pontotoc met in a non-division contest as the Bulldogs celebrated Homecoming. The celebration was made complete when Eathen Rainey’s 36 yard field goal split the uprights in overtime to lift New Albany to comeback win of 24-21. New Albany found themselves trailing North […]
Photo by Darrell Ivy/The Image Place New Albany High School homecoming court Members of the New Albany High School 2013 Homecoming Court are, from left, Maid Erin Michael Carter, Maid Ali Sizemore, Maid Allie Owen, Queen Hannah Anderson, Maid Farrah Speck, Maid Lauren Cavender and Maid Darby Mills. The homecoming parade will be through downtown […]
Emily Cook had two hits, scored two runs and was the winning pitcher for Myrtle in their home division win over Ingomar. Morgan Gooch is behind the plate for Ingomar. Photo by Dennis Clayton Myrtle needed not only a win over Ingomar, they needed to cover the run differential from an earlier loss to the […]
Students in eighth grade science classes had the opportunity to use some of the science skills they have been reviewing such as scientific inquiry, thinking like a scientist, observation, prediction, classification, and evaluation. During the week of Aug. 26, students worked in groups to build skyscrapers. The groups were provided with the following materials: a […]
A traditional part of Tallahatchie RiverFest each year is the creative displays done by local garden groups. This year, Master Gardeners Janet and Tim Burress, left, and Lisa and Pat James created ‘The Beverly Hillbillies,’ headed for RiverFest in front of the welcome center. The display is made of assorted materials including wood, hay, gourds […]
by Dennis Clayton The ending to Friday’s football game between Amory and New Albany was bizarre to say the least, but at least Chris Brown didn’t take the time to try to figure everything out. All Brown did was react to a loose football after New Albany’s field goal attempt to win the contest was […]
- Dr. David Ellis, 94, dies July 25, 2014
- County has new airport projects coming up July 30, 2014
- Arts, Beats & Eats July 30, 2014
- The single life is not for us July 30, 2014
- Work progressing on biodiesel plant August 1, 2014
- Police charge babysitter with child abuse August 1, 2014
- Officers learn how to deal with life-threatening wounds in dangerous situations August 1, 2014
- Neighbor charged with attempted burglary and assault August 1, 2014
- Getting ready for kindergarten August 1, 2014
- NA police getting tough on traffic next week as school readies August 1, 2014
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- mathewsjw: interesting poll books provided no voters were cha...
- Sheli McClellan: Thanks for recognizing her! This was a huge accom...
- mary: thank you for your sympathy. We will miss Mom (Lou...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 1 year ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey