J. Lynn West Baptist Memorial Hospital observed Heart Health Month by providing its annual Women and Hearth Health lunch program Monday to help inform the public about heart disease. Dr. Christopher Ingelmo of the Stern Cardiovascular Foundation provided a capacity audience with a wealth of information on heart disease, risk factors and prevention. “Programs like […]
Tag Archives | featured
On February 14, several classes at New Albany Elementary School celebrated Valentines Day with a ball or banquet. These events focused on etiquette, table manners, good behavior, and healthy eating.
By J. Lynn West A group of local residents and some out-of-towners had the opportunity this past week to learn how someone not familiar with New Albany sees it upon arriving for the first time. The “First Impression” was provided by Dr. Joe Fratesi, Community Development Director for the Stennis Institute at Mississippi […]
By Joanna Manning Heard of Michael Phelps or Ryan Lochte? What about McClellan or Fennell? Well, the first two are household names in the world of swimming – and the next two – you just MIGHT need to keep your eyes and ears open for they are heading in that same direction. Not only are they from […]
The work of the artists in the Folk Art and Friendly Folk exhibit, opening Sunday, 1:30 – 3:30, at the Union County Heritage Museum, can be described as primitive, traditional, untrained, Americana, whimsical, naïve, eccentric, outsider and visionary. And in the cases of the artists they are self-taught and self-made as in the American tradition. […]
New Albany city elections gained one more candidate this past week as former businessman Bill Robertson qualified to run for governor against incumbent Tim Kent. One month remains in the qualifying period and at least some political observers say they expect more candidates but provide no names. Last week, Jimmy Lewis Jackson qualified to run […]
New Albany aldermen voted Tuesday night to set an election for March 19 to decide whether liquor and wines of more than five percent alcohol by weight can be sold inside the city limits. Mississippi law requires the board to hold an election if a group presents petitions asking for the vote signed by at […]
New Albany High School is presenting “Annie” for their school musical this year. The show, which initially ran on Broadway for nearly six years and won a Tony for best musical, will be presented on Friday, Feb. 8, at 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, Feb. 9, at 7:30 p.m.; and Sunday, Feb. 10, at 2:00 p.m. in […]
By Tyler McCollum The Falcons and Lady Falcons of Ingomar traveled to East Union Friday night for another great match-up. The Lady Falcons improved to 16-12 on the season after defeating the Lady Urchins in a hard-fought contest. Both teams struggled in the first quarter with turnovers and missed shots, but then got things going […]
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Weather causes rescheduling of Union County/New Albany girls basketball February 23, 2015
- Lady Falcons win division tournament February 26, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...