by Dennis Clayton New Albany defeated Tishomingo County by large margins on Friday night, but the matches took differing ways to arrive at the final scores. New Albany girls scored early and often to race to a commanding lead at half. New Albany boys held a narrow lead at half, but reeled off six second […]
Tag Archives | featured
by Dennis Clayton This marks the final entry for me in the News Exchange. Yes, on January 1, I will be in another paper under a different header. However, I will still be working for Journal Inc. and will be adding to my 14 years of association with them. I will just be moving over […]
Christmas comes in all shapes and the Trees of Enchantment at the Union County Heritage Museum offer different styles and eras of decorations. Different clubs and organizations have each taken different approaches to the trees that are in the galleries and halls this holiday season. One tree, decorated by the Tallahatchie Arts Council, not only […]
A letter from the editor To our readers and other friends: The News Exchange will cease publication following the Dec. 26 edition. This newspaper will merge with the New Albany Gazette as a result of Journal, Inc.’s recent purchase of the Gazette. Journal, Inc. purchased the News Exchange in 2008. The result of combining the […]
By Dennis Clayton County rivals East Union and Myrtle met in non-division basketball play at Myrtle on Monday with the Lady Urchins of East Union winning the opener 62-42 and Myrtle’s Hawks taking the nightcap 52-46. East Union 62, Myrtle 42 (girls) East Union came out victorious in a foul-fest over the Lady Hawks in […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany squared off with division foe Corinth on Tuesday to determine which team would gain the early edge in the division standings. This night belonged to the Bulldogs and Lady Bulldogs as New Albany boys won 2-1 in OT and New Albany girls won 4-1. Both teams are 1-0 in division. […]
The following are members of the 2013-2014 East Union Homecoming Court: Allie Epting, Dakota Edwards, Mallory Roberts, Jacob Elder, Jessica Bishop, Carol Coker, Chip Gibson,and Stephanie Hardy. (not pictured Brett Rakestraw and Tray Davis) The Homecoming Festivities will begin at 1:30 and again at 5:30, weather permitting, on Friday December 6, 2013. All alumni and […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany and Caledonia squared off in soccer at the Tupelo soccer tournament last week with the girls taking a 4-0 win and the boys falling 4-3. In girls action, New Albany used a strong start in the first half as they sprinted out to a 3-0 first half lead. Scorers for […]
The New Albany Elementary School Spelling Bee was held on Nov. 7. The winners advance to the Union County Spelling Bee in January. Pictured are l-r: Dakoyta Lesure, 2nd Place; Jill Gafford, 1st Place; and William Sloan, 3rd Place.
By Dennis Clayton Coach Scott Duley’s East Union Urchins showed their grit, determination and heart as they rallied from a 34-21 deficit and scored two fourth-quarter touchdowns to win 35-34. Coach Duley said “They (Urchins) played an amazing game. They didn’t quit, we just played a team that was more athletic than us and our […]
- Sheli McClellan: Thanks for recognizing her! This was a huge accom...
- mary: thank you for your sympathy. We will miss Mom (Lou...
- Sheli McClellan: Love these kids! They're a hard-working bunch wh...
- http://www.sanctuarymusic.ca/: I all the time emailed this webpage post page to a...
- Erik: Hi it's me, I am also visiting this web site regu...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 1 year ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 1 year ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 1 year ago
- Thanks Jay! 1 year ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 1 year ago retweeted via MzTrazey