BY DENNIS CLAYTON INGOMAR – The Lady Falcons of Ingomar staggered New Albany early with a 28-7 advantage after the opening quarter and were able to hold off the Lady Bulldogs late to claim the Union County Tournament Girls Championship on Saturday. Ingomar prevailed 63-54 in the contest. “We had a good start and scored […]
Tag Archives | featured
By Dennis Clayton Shane Sanderson of New Albany High School has been recognized by the Mississippi Association of Coaches as the 2013-2014 Athletic Director of the Year. Sanderson will be honored at the MAC Banquet on June 27 in Jackson. “I feel extremely honored and blessed to be recognized by our Mississippi Association of Coaches […]
by Dennis Clayton New Albany defeated Tishomingo County by large margins on Friday night, but the matches took differing ways to arrive at the final scores. New Albany girls scored early and often to race to a commanding lead at half. New Albany boys held a narrow lead at half, but reeled off six second […]
by Dennis Clayton This marks the final entry for me in the News Exchange. Yes, on January 1, I will be in another paper under a different header. However, I will still be working for Journal Inc. and will be adding to my 14 years of association with them. I will just be moving over […]
Christmas comes in all shapes and the Trees of Enchantment at the Union County Heritage Museum offer different styles and eras of decorations. Different clubs and organizations have each taken different approaches to the trees that are in the galleries and halls this holiday season. One tree, decorated by the Tallahatchie Arts Council, not only […]
A letter from the editor To our readers and other friends: The News Exchange will cease publication following the Dec. 26 edition. This newspaper will merge with the New Albany Gazette as a result of Journal, Inc.’s recent purchase of the Gazette. Journal, Inc. purchased the News Exchange in 2008. The result of combining the […]
By Dennis Clayton County rivals East Union and Myrtle met in non-division basketball play at Myrtle on Monday with the Lady Urchins of East Union winning the opener 62-42 and Myrtle’s Hawks taking the nightcap 52-46. East Union 62, Myrtle 42 (girls) East Union came out victorious in a foul-fest over the Lady Hawks in […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany squared off with division foe Corinth on Tuesday to determine which team would gain the early edge in the division standings. This night belonged to the Bulldogs and Lady Bulldogs as New Albany boys won 2-1 in OT and New Albany girls won 4-1. Both teams are 1-0 in division. […]
The following are members of the 2013-2014 East Union Homecoming Court: Allie Epting, Dakota Edwards, Mallory Roberts, Jacob Elder, Jessica Bishop, Carol Coker, Chip Gibson,and Stephanie Hardy. (not pictured Brett Rakestraw and Tray Davis) The Homecoming Festivities will begin at 1:30 and again at 5:30, weather permitting, on Friday December 6, 2013. All alumni and […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany and Caledonia squared off in soccer at the Tupelo soccer tournament last week with the girls taking a 4-0 win and the boys falling 4-3. In girls action, New Albany used a strong start in the first half as they sprinted out to a 3-0 first half lead. Scorers for […]
- Burdette to lead Bulldogs May 19, 2015
- State of the Region meeting set for Wednesday May 22, 2015
- MHP to step up enforcement over holiday weekend May 22, 2015
- Kids’ cooking class offered next week May 22, 2015
- Frazier memorial motorcycle ride will be Saturday May 22, 2015
- NAHS administrator chosen Principal of the Year May 22, 2015
- Cancer Relay for Life date will be June 5 May 22, 2015
- Award-winning writer doesn’t follow the rules May 22, 2015
- Spray park in sportsplex opens Saturday May 22, 2015
- Office will be open Saturday morning for absentee voting May 22, 2015
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
- David: While many Countries around the world have similar...