BY DENNIS CLAYTON INGOMAR – The Lady Falcons of Ingomar staggered New Albany early with a 28-7 advantage after the opening quarter and were able to hold off the Lady Bulldogs late to claim the Union County Tournament Girls Championship on Saturday. Ingomar prevailed 63-54 in the contest. “We had a good start and scored […]
Tag Archives | featured
By Dennis Clayton Shane Sanderson of New Albany High School has been recognized by the Mississippi Association of Coaches as the 2013-2014 Athletic Director of the Year. Sanderson will be honored at the MAC Banquet on June 27 in Jackson. “I feel extremely honored and blessed to be recognized by our Mississippi Association of Coaches […]
by Dennis Clayton New Albany defeated Tishomingo County by large margins on Friday night, but the matches took differing ways to arrive at the final scores. New Albany girls scored early and often to race to a commanding lead at half. New Albany boys held a narrow lead at half, but reeled off six second […]
by Dennis Clayton This marks the final entry for me in the News Exchange. Yes, on January 1, I will be in another paper under a different header. However, I will still be working for Journal Inc. and will be adding to my 14 years of association with them. I will just be moving over […]
Christmas comes in all shapes and the Trees of Enchantment at the Union County Heritage Museum offer different styles and eras of decorations. Different clubs and organizations have each taken different approaches to the trees that are in the galleries and halls this holiday season. One tree, decorated by the Tallahatchie Arts Council, not only […]
A letter from the editor To our readers and other friends: The News Exchange will cease publication following the Dec. 26 edition. This newspaper will merge with the New Albany Gazette as a result of Journal, Inc.’s recent purchase of the Gazette. Journal, Inc. purchased the News Exchange in 2008. The result of combining the […]
By Dennis Clayton County rivals East Union and Myrtle met in non-division basketball play at Myrtle on Monday with the Lady Urchins of East Union winning the opener 62-42 and Myrtle’s Hawks taking the nightcap 52-46. East Union 62, Myrtle 42 (girls) East Union came out victorious in a foul-fest over the Lady Hawks in […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany squared off with division foe Corinth on Tuesday to determine which team would gain the early edge in the division standings. This night belonged to the Bulldogs and Lady Bulldogs as New Albany boys won 2-1 in OT and New Albany girls won 4-1. Both teams are 1-0 in division. […]
The following are members of the 2013-2014 East Union Homecoming Court: Allie Epting, Dakota Edwards, Mallory Roberts, Jacob Elder, Jessica Bishop, Carol Coker, Chip Gibson,and Stephanie Hardy. (not pictured Brett Rakestraw and Tray Davis) The Homecoming Festivities will begin at 1:30 and again at 5:30, weather permitting, on Friday December 6, 2013. All alumni and […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany and Caledonia squared off in soccer at the Tupelo soccer tournament last week with the girls taking a 4-0 win and the boys falling 4-3. In girls action, New Albany used a strong start in the first half as they sprinted out to a 3-0 first half lead. Scorers for […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on