WALNUT – Armani Linton shook off the effects of an early first quarter injury and led his Walnut Wildcats to a 35-14 division win over East Union on Friday. Linton gained 170 yards on the ground and scored three rushing touchdowns for Walnut. “I hate to keep saying it, but we’ve got 11 starters out […]
Tag Archives | East Union Urchins
ELLISTOWN – In their final regular season game of the year, East Union was slow to get started. In contrast, the West Union Lady Eagles came out swinging, taking a decisive 8-2 lead over the Urchins. Still, East Union won the contest, finding seven runs in the sixth inning for a 12-8 victory. “I told […]
STRAYHORN – East Union has fought the injury bug since game one and Friday night the Urchins played without eight starters as they lost on the road to Strayhorn 20-0. The Urchins again reshuffled their lineup, including a new offensive line which has not seen the same five starters all season. “We played short-handed, but […]
SALTILLO – Union County runners squared off against some of the top runners in the state at Saltillo and came away with very competitive team and individual results on Saturday. Over 41 teams competed in the meet on one of the toughest courses in the state. Myrtle girls had a strong showing in the […]
Friday wasn’t a good day for the Bulldogs. “We get to school this morning and our center, Hunt Parks comes to me and I find out he’s got a broken hand, and then Isaiah Powell is wearing a boot. We knew Isaiah had turned his ankle last Friday and we’ve treated him for that all […]
The hits just seem to keep coming for New Albany. With four games in the record books, the Bulldogs are still looking for their first win of the season. After a fourth-quarter shocker by the Pontotoc Warriors last week, this Friday New Albany was the team in the driver’s seat as the minutes ticked down. […]
It definitely wasn’t the bounce back game that New Albany had been looking for. Itawamba quarterback Vijay Miller and the Indians offense couldn’t be stopped on Friday, shutting the Bulldogs in a 35-0 final. “Itawamba is a great football team, and they made some mistakes last week that cost them the game. Unfortunately they got […]
BALDWYN – After two games on Saturday East Union returned homed winless, falling to both Booneville and Corinth in turn during the Baldwyn Classic Tournament. The Lady Urchins totaled three hits agains the Booneville Blue Devils in the first game, including a single by Claudia Hill in the third inning and a hit from Sallie […]
Thursday night brings the first game of the 2014 season for the East Union Urchins. This year, the Urchins begin on the road, facing the Houlka Wildcats who will meet East Union at Okolona High School. Similar to the Urchins situation in previous years, Houlka does not have its own football field. “I’m happy with […]
INGOMAR – Fans that are in need of a high school sports “fix” only need to drive to Ingomar during the next few weeks to catch prep action in boys and girls basketball plus fast pitch softball. Girls basketball hit the hardwood on Tuesday with a full slate of games, 15 in total. Union County […]
- Kiwanis Hotbed January 23, 2015
- Hancock enters supervisor, District 1 race January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co. to build new warehouse January 28, 2015
- Retail Strategies January 28, 2015
- New bladder pacemaker offers help with incontinence January 28, 2015
- Burglars get cash and drugs from Rite Aid pharmacy January 28, 2015
- Tens of millions of retail dollars leaving county; officials planning to counter that January 28, 2015
- E-911 upgrade to cost county $100,000-plus January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co., former grocery wholesaler, to expand January 28, 2015
- Former city clerk dies at 100 January 28, 2015
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
- Vicky Rose: Bedwell for Congress - the only candidate actively...
- Amy Harris: Friday night didn't do as well because of FOOTBAL...