BALDWYN – After two games on Saturday East Union returned homed winless, falling to both Booneville and Corinth in turn during the Baldwyn Classic Tournament. The Lady Urchins totaled three hits agains the Booneville Blue Devils in the first game, including a single by Claudia Hill in the third inning and a hit from Sallie […]
Tag Archives | East Union Urchins
Thursday night brings the first game of the 2014 season for the East Union Urchins. This year, the Urchins begin on the road, facing the Houlka Wildcats who will meet East Union at Okolona High School. Similar to the Urchins situation in previous years, Houlka does not have its own football field. “I’m happy with […]
INGOMAR – Fans that are in need of a high school sports “fix” only need to drive to Ingomar during the next few weeks to catch prep action in boys and girls basketball plus fast pitch softball. Girls basketball hit the hardwood on Tuesday with a full slate of games, 15 in total. Union County […]
JACKSON – Three Union county baseball players closed their high school careers on Saturday as participants in the MAC All-Star game at Smith-Willis Stadium in Jackson, Miss. Despite the North team leading for the majority of the game, the South squad just edged them out in the final inning for a walk-off base hit, winning […]
BLUE SPRINGS – Summer league baseball jumped out to a strong start for the East Union Urchins, who swept Ingomar, Myrtle and Booneville in a Thursday afternoon tournament of three five-inning contests. Ingomar also picked up a win, defeating Booneville 4-0 in the second game of the day. East Union 4, Booneville 3 Rising senior […]
It was a close call for East Union’s Lady Urchins who saw a win slip away on a last minute surge by the Potts Camp Cardinals for a 57-56 final. The Urchins secured a win over the Cardinals in the final game of the night, with a 56-43 tally. “You always wonder what could […]
The 2014 edition will mark the last for organizer Mike Nobles who has been the head of the Kiwanis Club of New Albany’s annual fundraiser. “It’s been a good time, I’ve enjoyed it but its really just time for a break,” Nobles said on Wednesday as the club displayed its T-shirts to the tournament’s […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Incumbent Mahon qualifies in county school board race August 20, 2014
- Barretos to be brought back later this week August 20, 2014
- Football, food and a magazine August 20, 2014
- Campaign kicks off August 15, 2014
- Lady Urchins drop two in Baldwyn softball tourney August 20, 2014
- Area teams play in West Union classic preseason tournament August 20, 2014
- Urchins open season with Houlka Wildcats August 20, 2014
- Dramatic Finish: Defensive hold lifts Bulldogs over Aggies August 20, 2014
- Political tax talk August 20, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?