ELLISTOWN – East Union got a big dose of Bailie Springfield on Tuesday as the East Webster pitcher stifled the Lady Urchin offense and helped her Lady Wolverines to the 11-3 win. The Lady Urchins could only manage four hits off Springfield and twice during the contest East Union went down in order during an […]
Tag Archives | East Union Softball
East Union got out of the chute quickly as they scored runs in all but the second inning to defeat Strayhorn 10-0 in six innings to take a 1-0 lead in their 2A softball playoff series. Callie Frazier held the Lady Mustangs to only two hits, striking out three in her six innings of work. […]
East Union and Ingomar met for game two of their Division 1-2A series in fast pitch on Tuesday and the Lady Urchins got the sweep with their 18-3 win in four innings. Raelee Bell had a huge night, driving in six runs and scoring four runs for the Lady Urchins. Bell had an inside-the-park grand […]
ELLISTOWN – East Union and Mantachie battled for first in Division 1-2A softball on Friday night and the Lady Mustangs came away with a 7-2 win to drop the Lady Urchins into second place. The teams slugged it out through four scoreless innings before Mantachie took a 2-0 lead in the fifth. East Union came […]
ELLISTOWN – East Union and Ingomar met in 2A softball for the first time on Thursday and the Lady Urchins came away with the 9-1 win. This marks Ingomar’s initial season in 2A fastpitch while East Union has been in the division for several years. The Lady Urchins cranked up their batting in the middle […]
Saturday brought a pair of wins for East Union as the Lady Urchins defeated West Union in an 11-5 final and topped Vardaman 12-2. East Union 11, West Union 5 Callie Frazier grabbed the win on the mound for the Lady Urchins in the first game of the day. East Union opened the top of […]
Callie Frazier of East Union was recently chosen as a member of the 2016 MAC North 1A/2A/3A Fastpitch All-Star team and will play in the all-star game at Jones County Junior College in Ellisville on June 4. “I think that it’s an honor and I’m just thankful for the opportunity to play with all these […]
RIPLEY – East Union pounced on Ripley in the first inning and continued to pile up the runs in their 23-5 win on Monday. “I’m proud of them, we gave some other kids a chance to play tonight,” East Union coach Josh Blythe said. “Emily Bruce had a big night, going three for four, hitting […]
RIPLEY – East Union pounced on Ripley in the first inning and continued to pile up the runs in their 23-5 win on Monday. The Lady Urchins sent 14 batters to the plate in the top of the first, scoring nine runs. Ripley came back in the bottom of the frame to two runs to […]
ELLISTOWN – East Union relied on the pitching of Callie Frazier and two RBIs by Kaitie Boatner to defeat Itawamba AHS 4-0 on Monday in fastpitch softball action. The Lady Urchins struck for three runs in the bottom of the second inning to take the early 3-0 lead. “Very lethargic is the best way to […]
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer