A fourth inning surge gave the Desoto Xplorers the edge on Saturday, as they defeated the Bay Springs Bobcats 10-5 in Cotton States High School League play. Colton Peel (Ripley) led for the Xplorers with two RBIs off a double in the fourth inning, after leading off the game with a single. Hayes McMullen (Houston), […]
Tag Archives | cotton states baseball league
The Inverness Boll Weevils used a big fourth inning to top the Bay Springs Bobcats by a 4-2 margin. The Boll Weevils sent nine batters to the plate during the inning and collected two hits. They were helped by four walks and a hit by pitch in scoring their four runs. The first three innings had […]
Getting better. With five seasons in the books, the Nolan Brothers Cotton States League will embark on its sixth season with that motto in mind. “It’s what the players do, they come spend a couple of months playing a game they love and getting better at it,” Director of Baseball Operations Frank Dodds said. What […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Ground game leads Bulldogs to win over Pontotoc September 5, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...