The flow of new candidates into the circuit clerk’s office may have slowed to a trickle, but it hasn’t stopped. Two more hopefuls entered the already-crowded supervisors’ races this past week. Billy Kizer qualified as a Democrat to run for First District Supervisor and Eddie Mitchell qualified, also as a Democrat, for the Third District […]
Randy Kelley, executive director of Three Rivers Planning and Development District has been named one of North America’s top 50 economic developers for 2015. Kelley was selected to the list by Consultant Connect, a consulting agency that bridges the gap between economic developers and site consultants. The economic developers were nominated by their colleagues in […]
OXFORD – New Albany appeared to still be on the bus in the opening quarter of their 2-4A division tournament game against Lafayette. The Bulldogs found themselves on the wrong end of the 18-12 score, but they kept grinding and working to down the Commodores 57-50 on Wednesday. “You can’t make excuses, they (Lafayette) just […]
ASHLAND – After being pushed back by one day due to winter weather, the 2-1A division tournament got off to a start in Ashland. On Wednesday’s opening night slate were two Union County teams, as well as the Hickory Flat Rebels. Thursday will see Ingomar’s Lady Falcons and Myrtle’s Hawks boys’ teams making their tournament […]
HATLEY – In a put-out round, the home-standing Hatley Tigers did enough to keep their season going, defeating East Union’s Lady Urchins 51-47 in the 1-2A Division Tournament. East Union opened strong, gaining a 12-5 advantage over the Lady Tigers that quickly evaporated as Hatley staged a 8-0 to end the first quarter and opened […]
MYRTLE – The Hawks closed up the regular season with a split decision against Potts Camp, as the Lady Cardinals held off the advancing Lady Hawks for a 67-62 win while the Myrtle boys’ team earned a 62-58 victory. Missing starter Ivory Montgomery, the Lady Hawks needed a big game from post player Jessica Floyd. […]
Early Sunday afternoon, Jenny and I were discussing whether we needed to get another loaf of bread in case freezing rain caused a power outage. I had been out Saturday morning buying groceries for the week, so we had a lot of food on hand. But the issue was how much of it was going […]
The issue of allowing home-schooled students to participate in all the sports and other activities of the local public school has again come up in the Mississippi Legislature. Fortunately, the state Senate, on a vote of 31 to 17, last week rejected the proposal sponsored by Sen. Joey Fillingane, a Sumrall Republican, that would have […]
SALTILLO – East Union used a slower tempo to defeat a much taller Saltillo team 40-33 on Friday night. East Union spread their offense and worked for the high percentage shots to take the win. The Urchins boys were defeated by a 61-47 score. “I knew they (Saltillo) were big and they presented some challenges […]
INGOMAR – Ingomar and New Albany met again for the second time in less than a month and the Lady Falcons kept their win streak alive in a took a 56-36 win over the Bulldogs New Albany won the nightcap 70-56. In both games, the winning team took an early lead and never relinquished it. […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry