This year’s “Night Out for New Haven” will be at 7 p.m. Saturday, April 18, again at the Magnolia Civic Center. The successful fund-raiser, coming up on its sixth year, is a main source of financial support for the local center for special-needs adults. Admission is only $10 and entertainment will again be provided by […]
This month’s Union County Development Association CEO/GM breakfast will be combined with the quarterly Business 2 Business networking event sponsored by Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi. This meeting, set for Thursday, April 16, is being moved to a breakfast time in order to include many of the retail owners in New Albany who cannot attend a […]
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were 32,719 highway fatalities in 2013, or about 90 per day. Traffic fatalities are the number-one cause of death among those 15-29 and 44 percent of all those killed deliberately chose not to use seat belts. This past week, Sid Muzzy talked about the public outcry […]
I was holding a can of shaving gel one morning last week and preparing to shave when I happened to notice that the small print on the can read “Made in Thailand.” Now why would my shaving gel be made in Thailand? I wondered. Not that I have anything against Thailand. I actually enjoyed a […]
Our annual event here in New Albany that kicks off spring is happening this Friday and Saturday at the Union County Fairgrounds. It’s the New Albany Home and Garden Show, which is sponsored by the Union County Master Gardeners group with help from the Mississippi State Extension Service. What started on a relatively small scale […]
New Albany school trustees took the first official step Monday toward making New Albany High School an all-iPad school. “We will be the first true all-iPad school in the State of Mississippi,” NAHS Principal Lance Evans told the board at their monthly meeting. The board voted unanimously to approve advertising for bids on the equipment. […]
A bill signed by Gov. Phil Bryant Wednesday will allow the city-owned New Albany Gas System to expand its service area, possibly becoming one of the largest such systems in the state. “Pontotoc is the only other city system in the state that can go outside in the county,” Northern District Public Service […]
The Union County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously Monday to apply for a Community Development Block Grant of up to $1.5 million to be used to help bring industrial prospects to this area. The CDBG grant is to be sought in conjunction with the City of New Albany. Aldermen were expected to vote on the […]
Information submitted by Lacretia Wilkinson, Director of First Choice Center for Women First Choice Center for Women is sponsoring an Art Contest. The contest is open to all 6-12 students in Union county and New Albany City schools as well as home-schooled students. This is not a fundraising contest. The purpose of this contest is […]
By Lynn West First Choice of New Albany will host its sixth annual 5K Run/3K Walk for Life event on Saturday, April 11. Because the organization services are free, the financial support raised from the 5K Race for the Unborn/3K Walk for Life helps enable First Choice to provide medical and counseling services to women […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- Second Rubber Duck Regatta called success October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on