A Houston man is in custody in Chickasaw County, accused of taking a variety of equipment from New Albany. Police Investigator James “Bing” Wildman said police received a report March 26 that someone had cut a lock and stolen a five by 10 foot trailer with drop deck from Tractor Supply Co. at 112 Virginia […]
By Chris Kieffer Daily Journal TUPELO – Students in Lee, Pontotoc and Union counties again will have the chance to attend one of several academic summer camps free of charge. The CREATE Foundation’s Toyota Wellspring Education Fund will sponsor scholarships for rising seventh- to 12th-grade students in public schools in those three counties to attend […]
At the regularly scheduled Board of Trustees meeting this month, Northeast Mississippi Community College president Dr. Johnny L. Allen asked for and received support from the Board to retire from service to the college effective June 30, 2015. Allen, 60, was named the ninth president of Northeast in 2004. Previously he served as vice-president of […]
The New Albany Main Street Association has again come up with a new event to encourage more people to stroll and shop downtown. This Saturday, April 18, the association will sponsor something called Live @ Noon, a musical performance on the Trailhead Plaza across from City Hall. Singer-songwriter Tatum Shappley, a native of Ripley, who […]
Jenny and I were a little embarrassed, sneaking out before the end of the Rotary Club’s charity auction Friday night, but we had a pretty good excuse. I already had told Billy Wiseman when he invited us to attend that we probably wouldn’t be bidding on much because we already had too much stuff for […]
Staff reports VIP Cinema Seating, which calls itself the world’s largest manufacturer of premium cinema seating, this past week announced a major production expansion that will double the company’s manufacturing capacity. According to the announcement, the move came in response to growing customer demand. “When VIP introduced the concept of luxury reclining seating to the […]
A power outage disabled all the county buildings on the courthouse square Monday just before the Board of Supervisors was to meet. It appeared that a neutral conductor broke or burned in two and possible contacted a transformer, sending a huge voltage surge through all the electrical systems in the buildings. Early fears were that […]
Union County’s unemployment rate for February dropped nearly a percentage point in February, from 6.4 percent in January to 5.5 percent. That’s slightly lower than the December jobless rate and move Union County up to having the eighth-lowest unemployment in the state. Again, only two counties in the north half of the state had lower […]
Ticket sales for this year’s “Night Out for New Haven” are going very well according to center director Collett Cross. The annual fundraiser for New Haven Center for Special Needs Adults will be at 7 p.m., April 18, at the Cine Theatre. It is one of the main sources of financial support for the […]
Today is the last day to make a reservation for the Business 2 Business networking and information meeting Thursday. This month’s event will combine with the Union County Development Association’s CEO/GM breakfast and be in the Magnolia Room at the civic center starting at 8:30 a.m. The time was set for the benefit of those […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on