Jenny and I got married last week. At least, that is what our son Joe told us after seeing it on the internet. He found it on Facebook. How did it get there? It turns out it was my fault, and I was pretty embarrassed. It was a quick reminder of the danger of me […]
The Union County Fair and Livestock Show, which bills itself as “the best little county fair in Mississippi, kicks off its 72nd anniversary year Friday at the fairgrounds. This year’s fair opens with the rodeo on Friday and Saturday nights, and the Miss Union County Fair and Scholarship pageant before the rodeo on Saturday. The […]
New Albany-based upholstery manufacturer Newport Upholstery has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The company estimated its assets at $1 million to $10 million and liabilities of $10 million to $50 million, Furniture Today reported Monday. Newport was established in 2010 in the former Caye Furniture location, after that company announced its closing the previous year. […]
Billy Joe Moffitt Sr. was born in Tippah County on July 25, 1935. He was the second of seven children born to the union of Roy Moffitt and Beulah Bennett Moffitt. He was preceded in death by a brother, Rodney Moffitt, and survived by one brother, Roy Benton Moffitt and his wife, Norma, of New […]
On June 23, 2013 Micah passed away peacefully in God’s arms, and was born into his parent’s arms on June 26, 2013. Micah is the son of Joel and Victoria Willard of Myrtle; the grandchild of David and Karen Willard, Wayne and Cathy Messer, and Kathleen White; the great-grandchild of Reece and Frances Newby, CV […]
Dustin Randall Pannell, 20, of Holly Springs, died Friday, June 28, 2013, at Med in Memphis, Tenn. He was born Sept 5, 1992, in New Albany, to Randal Gene Pannell and Wanda Forester Gurley. Services were at 11 a.m. Tuesday, July 2, at Holly Springs Funeral Home with Bro. Jonathan Childress officiating. Burial was at […]
Judge William Robert Lamb, 82, of Oxford, died Thursday, June 27, 2013, at Graceland Care Center in Oxford. He was born in Water Valley to William Jackson and Walda Holladay Lamb. He was a graduate of the University High School in Oxford and the University of Mississippi where he earned a Bachelor of Business Administration, […]
Myrel Basham, 88, of Nettleton, died on Thursday, June 27, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Born on Sept. 3, 1924, in New Albany, she was a daughter of the late Roy A. and Maggie Mae Parish Cobb. She was a graduate of Ingomar High School. On Oct. 3, 1942, she married Horace Basham. Retiring […]
Darrell Lee Garrison, 83, of Etta, died Thursday, June 27, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born March 28, 1930, to Lee and Hattie Mayhew Garrison. He had been a heavy equipment operator and had retired from Masterbilt. He enjoyed gardening and helping his late wife, Dorris, babysit. He was a member […]
Verna Christine Grimes, 88, died Thursday, June 27, 2013, in New Albany. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Beasley Funeral Home of New Albany.
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry