By Lou McQuary On Friday, July 5, the Children’s Department left for Shocco Springs, Ala. for children’s camp. Attending the camp were: Jayden, Anna and Emma Carwyle; Lakin and Gunner Carwyle; Linzi Moore; Melody Powell; Nathalie Naranjo; Molly Porter; Parker Childers; Wesley Harrell; Claire Douell; Madison Bennett; Hunter Baggett; Chloe Wright; Rheagan and Levi Floyd; […]
By Susan Hooker The Wise Family Farms are busy with all the produce that is getting ripe in their gardens. Last week’s purchase of a cantaloupe was a good deal. I envy their large containers of brightly colored flowers that are blooming. I think that their Miracle Grow must be stronger than my brand, Area crops […]
By Martha Hardy The weatherman told us last night (Saturday) that we had a chance of rain today and have been looking and hoping it would happen. We had a few, very few, minutes of a shower but need much more. It has been very overcast all day and that helps to keep the plants […]
Wright Glass and Aluminum, LLC, held a ribbon-cutting this past Tuesday to mark the new ownership of the business by Ray Gafford and Eddie Gafford. The operation of the business, at 111 McGill St., will be unchanged with the same phone number and office hours, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. According to […]
Shelby Carpenter, a nurse at the Women’s Center at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, recently received the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses, an award given in appreciation of the work nurses do. Carpenter was nominated by several former patients who praised Carpenter for her compassion and excellent care. Nurses like Carpenter are nominated by patients […]
The Union County Farm Service Agency announces that the election for County Committee member from Local Administrative Area 2 has begun. Landowners and producers of agricultural products may nominate a producer from LAA-2 to serve a 3-year term on the COC, the nomination period started June17 and ends Aug. 1. LAA-2 includes Ingomar, Bald Hill, […]
Furniture Today reported this past week that New Albany upholstery manufacturer Newport Furniture has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. The story by Larry Thomas said Newport estimated its assets at $1 million to $10 million and liabilities of $10 million to $50 million. Court documents include a listing of its 20 largest creditors – […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County and Baptist Union County HealthPlex hosted the fifth annual Healthy Kids Camp July 8-12 with forty-one participants. The purpose of the camp was to provide kids ages 6 to 12 years with educational information about a variety of health topics including nutrition, exercise, safety and self-esteem. Activities included swimming, exercise, crafts, […]
Eunice Marie Carter celebrated her 100th birthday Monday, July 15, with children Joe and Kaye Young. Mrs. Carter, a resident at Graceland Personal Care Home, is a native of the Ingomar community but moved to New Albany in 1962. She worked at the old shirt factory on Highland for many years and later was a […]
Martha Ellen Morgan and Mitchell Lee Cox were married at five o’clock in the evening on April 27, 2013, at First-Trinity Presbyterian Church in Laurel. Reverend Mike Allen and Reverend John Allen Bankson officiated the double-ring ceremony. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Steven Blue Morgan and the granddaughter of Mr. […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry