First Place Team (L-R) Valerie Moody, Lauren Cantrell, Hannah May and Rachel Peeler won first place in both the Consumer Judging Contest and the Veterinary Science Contest at the 2013 State 4-H Club Congress at Mississippi State University. The team will travel to Denver Colorado in January to compete in the Western National Consumer Judging […]
The following University of Mississippi students from your area are among 3,541 spring semester and summer semester candidates for degrees: May New Albany: Laquesha Chanise Berry, Bachelor of Arts Kaylee Elizabeth Cochran, Bachelor of Arts Jenna Joe Rose Davis, Bachelor of Arts Kyle Barkley Hickey, Bachelor of Music Ashley Cheri Thompson, Bachelor of Arts Camille […]
The public is invited to attend an open house for Itawamba Community College’s Health Science Education Center from 3-7 p.m., Aug. 1, and the formal dedication and ribbon cutting at 10 a.m., Aug. 10. The health science faculty and staff will be available during the Aug. 1 come-and-go open house to answer questions and conduct […]
Not only does Blue Mountain College offer a wide range of courses online, but starting this fall students will be able to earn their Bachelor of Business Administration degree – from start to finish – via the Internet. “The online business program will be a strategic part of our future growth at Blue Mountain College,” […]
Man always has a plan. He has a brain, a drive, and usually the means. He makes the plan – a future plan that’s in an orderly, doable schedule. But suddenly from out of nowhere comes . . .! Life is good – one of those sections in life when the kids are well, bills […]
By Tyler McCollum After all of the hard work and effort that these guys have put in all season long, it finally has come to an end. The Cotton States Baseball League wrapped up its final game on Sunday as the North Delta Dealers took on the Golden Triangle Jets. It was a very slow […]
Class 2A/ Region 1 Football East Union Baldwyn Hatley Mantachie New Site Walnut Class 4A Region 2 Football New Albany Ripley Lafayette County Senatobia Byhalia Rosa Fort Region 1/Dist.1 Volleyball New Albany Ripley Corinth Tishomingo County Pontotoc Belmont Alcorn Central Class 1A Softball Region 2/Dist. 2 Ingomar Myrtle West Union Hickory Flat Class 2A Softball […]
Relma Lockridge Kemp, 102, of Blue Springs, passed away Tuesday, July 23, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany. She was born May 23, 1911, to Calloway and Flurry Lockridge. She was a faithful member of Red Hill M.B. Church, where she was an usher, Sunday school teacher, and a member of the […]
Lanny Lemuel Autry, 66, went home to be with his Savior, Friday, July 26, 2013, at his home in New Albany. He was born in Hickory Flat on Oct. 31, 1946, to Rev. Ewart and Lola Mae Autry. He married his high school sweetheart, Deborah Sue Ayres, in 1969. After earning his graduate degree from […]
James “Junior” Smith, 59, died Thursday, July 25, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a sudden illness. A Pontotoc native, he was born Oct. 22, 1953, to James Alton and Mary Alfie Pritchard Smith. He served as leadman in the furniture industry for 10 years. He enjoyed traveling, cruises and most of all, watching […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry