Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County and Baptist Union County HealthPlex hosted the fifth annual Healthy Kids Camp July 8-12 with forty-one participants. The purpose of the camp was to provide kids ages 6 to 12 years with educational information about a variety of health topics including nutrition, exercise, safety and self-esteem. Activities included swimming, exercise, crafts, […]
Eunice Marie Carter celebrated her 100th birthday Monday, July 15, with children Joe and Kaye Young. Mrs. Carter, a resident at Graceland Personal Care Home, is a native of the Ingomar community but moved to New Albany in 1962. She worked at the old shirt factory on Highland for many years and later was a […]
Martha Ellen Morgan and Mitchell Lee Cox were married at five o’clock in the evening on April 27, 2013, at First-Trinity Presbyterian Church in Laurel. Reverend Mike Allen and Reverend John Allen Bankson officiated the double-ring ceremony. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Steven Blue Morgan and the granddaughter of Mr. […]
Itawamba Community College will honor past and current members of the armed forces during Military Appreciation Night, Aug. 29, at the Fulton Campus during ICC’s football game with East Central Community College, which begins at 7 p.m. Special activities are planned prior to the game as well as a salute during halftime. Admission is free […]
United Way of Northeast Mississippi will hold its annual Back to School Resource Fair (Program) on July 20 and 27. This Program will provide free backpacks filled with school supplies to more than 5,000, K-6 school-aged children across seven counties: Chickasaw, Itawamba, Lee, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Tishomingo and Union. The inaugural event held in 2011, distributed […]
The state’s fifth Sales Tax Holiday will take place during a 48-hour time period beginning 12:01 a.m. Friday, July 29, and ending at midnight Saturday, July 30. The popular “back to school” event is worth seven percent in savings to consumers as result of waiving the sales tax on specific items. The items exempt from […]
Ed Ludlow, 75 George Edward “Ed” Ludlow, 75, of Gainesville, Fla., passed away on Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at Haven Hospice E.T. York Care Center in Gainesville, Fla. He was born on Aug. 1, 1937, in Miami, Fla., to Luther Spencer Ludlow and Gertrude Hester Clary Ludlow. He graduated from Miami Senior High School in […]
By Sid Salter Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal In the wake of the 5-4 decision of the Supreme Court that held that Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act was unconstitutional unless it was retooled by Congress as a national safeguard against the denial of voting rights rather than as a regional safeguard applied primarily in […]
By Tim Burress Are you up to it? Are you man enough? Is your Team ready? This year’s event will be held at the Union County Fairgrounds Pulling Track, Saturday July 20, at 8:00 p.m. You and your team can register up to the night of the event and the fee is $25.00 per team. […]
Four little “grands” in car seats make for interesting commutes. On their recent week with Mama C and Daddy O, we were on our way to a fun day at the Children’s Museum. An altercation surfaced from the back seat between the two older girls. As the sounds escalated, I interrupted and took on the […]
- County still trying to find solution to likely loss of jail trusties June 24, 2015
- Museum Madness registration underway July 1, 2015
- Groundbreaking for museum expansion will be Thursday July 1, 2015
- Man faces series of auto burglary, theft charges July 1, 2015
- Holiday weekend schedule changes include rare Saturday circuit clerk opening July 1, 2015
- Spring cleaning? Well, sort of July 1, 2015
- Honoring our nation July 1, 2015
- City school board adopts no-tax-increase budget, makes money-saving deals July 1, 2015
- Supervisors discuss funding Tupelo women’s shelter, industrial tax exemptions July 1, 2015
- Circuit clerk’s office to be open for voting Saturday despite holiday July 1, 2015
- Edwin Montenegro: Yeah welcome to south American toyota. We love you...
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry