First Baptist Church in Hickory Flat will celebrate its 125th anniversary on Aug. 24 and 25. On Saturday, August 24, from 4-6 p.m. the church will host a 95th Birthday Celebration for the church’s oldest member and longest serving deacon Will T. Hudspeth in the Family Life Center. During that time the pastor’s home and […]
The Historical Shady Grove Community Cemetery Committee is hosting a spaghetti supper fundraising event for maintenance of the cemetery on Saturday, Aug. 17, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Shady Grove Baptist Church Fellowship Hall located on Shady Grove Road in Pontotoc County. The cost of the meal including salad, drink and dessert is […]
Downsizing is a fancy name for discarding “stuff” in order to live in smaller housing. Othel and I have been busy at it for some time. The reduced storage space has meant more self-discipline in storing items we knew we would continue to need. It’s also meant we must become more conscientious about returning items […]
Johnnie McNeal Davis, 80, died Monday, Aug. 12, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. She was born March 3, 1933, in Union County to Wilford Duncan Hudson and Marjorie Fowler Hudson. She retired from Benchcraft. She was a member of the Beulah Homemakers Club and Beulah Baptist Church. Services were at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. […]
Doris Ellen Medlin, 73, died Sunday, August 11, 2013 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born May 23, 1940 to Bufford and Sallie Pearl Beaty Garrison. She retired from Mohasco Furniture and was a member of Keownville Baptist Church. Funeral services were at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at United Funeral […]
Robert Lamar Stinson, 72, of Myrtle, died Friday, Aug. 9, 2013, at his home. He was born Sept. 10, 1940, in New Albany, the son of Ellis and Ora Hale Stinson. He attended Faith in Christ Church, and he was a retired factory worker. He enjoyed working in his yard. Services were at 2 p.m. […]
Jerry Weathers, 68, of Ecru, died Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 20, 1944, in Alabama to William and Leona Lee Provins Weathers. He enjoyed fishing, playing music and singing. He was a retired auto technician. Memorial services were at noon Saturday, Aug. 10, at Center Hill Baptist […]
Gregory “Greg” Wayne Brown, 36, died Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany. He was born June 21, 1977, in Tupelo to Gerald Wayne Brown and Billie Roberts Brown. He was an employee of Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County where he worked in housekeeping. He was a member of the Mississippi […]
Joe Davis Smith, 79, of Myrtle, died Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany. He was born Sept. 1, 1933, in Myrtle to Davis Lamar Smith and Grace Lee Ray. He was a veteran of the United States Navy having served in the Korean War. He was a retired supervisor […]
Earl Gene Dean, 59, of Tupelo, died Saturday, Aug. 3, 2013, at his home in Tupelo. He was born May 6, 1954, in Union County to Verlean Ragland and James Pratt Dean. He worked at Tecumseh Manufacturing in Verona for many years. He was very active with “Feed the Children” and did volunteer work at […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Liberty resident exhibits ‘charm’ for visitors September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry