For the 12th consecutive year, Blue Mountain College has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the South’s top regional colleges and universities. BMC was recently ranked No. 23 among Regional Colleges in the South – a grouping that includes colleges and universities that award fewer than half their degrees in […]
Maggie Stevenson, Director of Early Childhood with Mississippi Public Broadcasting, spoke with the Early Childhood and Family Consumer Science Classes a the New Albany High School Career & Technical Center on Aug. 27. She spoke on literacy and the importance of reading with children. The students also learned interactive and kinesthetic activities to use while […]
Elementary School Monday, Sept. 23 Pizza, Chicken Spaghetti, Broccoli Salad, Tossed Salad w/Dressings, Chilled Peach Slices, Assorted Fruit Juice, Chocolate Pudding, Fat Free Chocolate Milk, One Percent Milk, Skim Milk Tuesday, Sept. 24 Country Fried Steak, Lemon Pepper Chicken, Seasoned Lima Beans, Mashed Potatoes, Banana, Assorted Fruit Juice, Whole Wheat Roll, Jell-O, Fat Free Chocolate Milk, One Percent Milk, Skim Milk Wednesday, Sept. 25 Chicken Nuggets, Red Beans and Rice, Sweet Potato Cubes, Green Beans, Applesauce, Assorted Fruit Juice, Whole […]
Students in eighth grade science classes had the opportunity to use some of the science skills they have been reviewing such as scientific inquiry, thinking like a scientist, observation, prediction, classification, and evaluation. During the week of Aug. 26, students worked in groups to build skyscrapers. The groups were provided with the following materials: a […]
The New Century Club met in the home of Jean Dillard on Wednesday, Sept. 4. Shelia Robbins, President, presided over the business session. Members were reminded that the club would be host for Lunching with Books on Oct. 15. Linda Everett, Vice President, introduced the theme for this year, Books That Inspire, and distributed yearbooks. […]
The ladies of Standex Shared Services show their support for Tallahatchie RiverFest 2013 and UCDA. They came in and bought several and were excited about the event. Front from left are Melissa Westmoreland, Patty Johnson, Linda Allen, Teresa O’Callaghan; back from loeft, Cassandra Crane, Vicki Clayton, Cindy Bruner, Rene Basden, Debbie Mitchell, Jimma Hood and […]
Mrs. Lil Nelson welcomed the 28 attendees to the Aug. 20 meeting of Liberty School. Charlie Sappington gave the invocation and blessing prior to the pizza, dessert, and homemade ice-cream dinner. Wayne Alexander gave the financial report in the business session and Joanne Gaines read minutes from the July meeting. Mrs. Nelson recognized August birthdays […]
Arliss and Judy Boatner became husband and wife on Sept. 21, 1963. Their children, Ron and Margo Sanderson and Michael and Shannon Stephens, and their six grandchildren, will host a reception honoring their 50 years together on Saturday, Sept. 21, at 5:00-7:00 in the evening at West Ripley Baptist Church Family Life Center. The church […]
The Junta Club met for the first meeting for the club year at the home of Jennifer Beam on Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2013. Susan Feather, President presided over the business session. Vice President Bethany Dalton distributed yearbooks and introduced the theme for the year, Chick-Lit. Program Leader Ninabeth Capaning reviewed the book Undomesticated Goddess by […]
By Martha Swindle Two very special homecomings/celebrations are coming soon. Oct. 6 is Homecoming at Tri-County Baptist Church, and Oct. 20 is the 125th anniversary of Sherman Baptist Church. Brotherhood breakfast was held Sunday, Sept. 15, at Sherman Baptist Church. The Senior Adult Luncheon was held Tuesday, Sept. 17, at Locust Hill. A work day […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on