BY DENNIS CLAYTON BALDWYN – Baldwyn got a heavy dose of Rebecca Sheffield and Tianna Castillo on Tuesday as the duo were a force at the plate and in the field as the East Union Lady Urchins defeated the Lady Bearcats 12-2 in five innings of Division 1-2A softball. The pair went back-to-back with home […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – Just when Alcorn Central appeared to have all the momentum following a fumble return for touchdown with 4:03 left in the half, but quarterback Cade Bell coolly led the Urchins back to score twice in 31 seconds to tie the game 28-28. Bell was 6 of 6 passing for 72 […]
Saturday will be the 17th Annual Robertson’s Sportwear slowpitch tournament at BNA Bank Park. All four county schools will be playing against some of the top teams in North Mississippi. Tournament action is set to begin at 9:00. Here is the schedule for the four Union County teams. The schedule could change, but this was […]
Teams from East Union, Ingomar, Myrtle New Albany and West Union will compete on Saturday at the Saltillo Invitational which is one of the largest and most competitive cross country meets in the state. This year is no different with over 40 high school teams scheduled to run. Varsity schedule starts at 10:00 with the […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union will celebrate homecoming on Friday night and hope to get back on the winning track against Alcorn Central of Division 1-3A. East Union (2-2) fell to Strayhorn 28-7 on Friday while Alcorn Central (1-3) lost to Hatley 35-7.The Bears also lost to Tishomingo County 55-7 and Walnut 24-8 in the […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON MYRTLE – Myrtle took the early lead, but had to hold off a late Ingomar rally to take the 8-6 win in non-division play on Tuesday. “I told the girls that it wasn’t a pretty win, our hitting today wasn’t what it has been,” Myrtle Coach Marty Cook said. “I told them […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ENTERPRISE – West Union came into Tuesday’s game against Division 2-1A rival needing not only a win, but needing to win by three runs. They got the win and nearly had the run differential, but the Lady Hawks rallied for four runs with two outs in the seventh to close to within […]
Myrtle and West Union will meet today in an important Division 2-1A softball game at West Union. Myrtle comes into the game with a perfect 3-0 record, hoping to stay atop the division while West Union is fighting desperately to stay in the playoff conversation. Myrtle won the first meeting 9-7 at Myrtle as West […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON EAST UNION – The Lady Urchins of East Union needed only five innings to down Mantachie 10-0 to take their Division 1-2A opener. East Union took the lead early and used the combination of steady defense and Sallie Pannell’s pitch location to shutout the Lady Mustangs. “I told these kids, last year […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on