Joel Wilkinson threw four innings of no-hit ball and Josh Basil came on in relief to preserve the no-hitter on Thursday as East Union took game one 14-0 in their 2A baseball playoff series. Wilkinson allowed two walks in the contest, but was dominant on the mound, striking out seven Cardinals including striking out the […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
WHEELER – West Union only needed five innings and about an hour to shutout Wheeler 13-0 in their game one opener in 1A softball on Tuesday. Annie Orman was solid on the mound, facing the five inning minimum of 15 batters, allowing two hits while striking out seven with no walks,only facing three batters each […]
Union County had a huge showing at regional track meets on Saturday as East Union won the boys and girls 1-2A meet at Tupelo while Myrtle swept both titles in region 1-1A in Oxford. East Union girls were again led by Katie Rowan, winner of the 100 meter hurdles in 16.66 and 300 meter hurdles […]
East Union got out of the chute quickly as they scored runs in all but the second inning to defeat Strayhorn 10-0 in six innings to take a 1-0 lead in their 2A softball playoff series. Callie Frazier held the Lady Mustangs to only two hits, striking out three in her six innings of work. […]
New Albany saw their season come to a close on Saturday as the Amory Panthers and pitcher Aubrey Gillentine took the 10-0 win. Gillentine was untouchable through four innings, but Peyton Jolly broke up the no-hitter with his one-out double in the fifth. The teams battled through three scoreless innings although Amory missed a golden […]
West Union sweeps series and advance to second round ENTERPRISE – Ryder Willard put on a pitching clinic on Saturday as he threw a one hitter and struck out 14 batters in a dominating performance on the mound. Willard also helped his cause with a single and two RBIs. “I told them before the game […]
Kelton Hall had a big night at the plate on Friday as he led his Ingomar Falcons to a game one 7-4 win over Bruce. Hall went three for four with two home runs, four RBIs and three runs scored. “The game was just nip and tuck all the way through,” Ingomar coach Andy Wilbanks […]
Conlee named Player of the Year in Division 2-1A Gracen Conlee of West Union was named girls Player of the Year for the 2015-2016 basketball season in Division 2-1A. Matt Thompson of West Union was named Coach of the Year for girls basket. Conlee, a senior, has been a starter for the Lady Eagles for […]
INGOMAR – Ingomar overcame earlier obstacles and disappointments to close the books on their 2016 season with a win over playoff-bound Walnut on Wednesday. The Lady Falcons blew open the game with a six-run second and went on to take the 10-5 win in Division 1-2A softball. “The bad thing is, I really believe that […]
Myrtle boys and girls made it a clean sweep at the division track meet at Potts Camp on Monday as the girls amassed 94.5 points to cruise to the win and the boys won by 19 points over Ashland. Geniesha Montgomery and Ivory Montgomery led the Lady Hawks domination with three firsts. Geniesha won the […]
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer