ENTERPRISE – West Union hosted their preseason tournament with fellow Union County teams Ingomar and Myrtle participating in the six-game event along with Falkner, Oxford and Hickory Flat. Each team played two games with a one hour time limit or seven innings. Ingomar 16, Oxford 5 Ingomar turned a one-run deficit after one inning into […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
OXFORD – Another football season, another dramatic win. New Albany came out firing on all cylinders for their jamboree contest against the Kossuth Aggies, winning in a 14-12 decision after taking an early lead and never looking back. For a team who averaged seven points per game last season, the two touchdowns are already an […]
NEW ALBANY – New Albany took early leads in the first two sets against Lafayette, but the Lady Commodores clawed their way back to win and took the third set by a wide margin as they won the match 3-0 on Monday. “We played hard, we just don’t know how to finish a game,” New […]
MYRTLE – Though the Lady Hawks found an early lead, the Corinth Warriors went home with the win in the Hawks 2014 slow-pitch opener. Kristen Young took the loss on the mound for the Hawks, while Corinth’s Allie Rhea Jacobs earned the win, giving up five hits and two walks to Myrtle. Young finished the […]
The Northeast Mississippi Jets earned a shut-out win on Tuesday, knocking off the Inverness Bollweevils 12-0 in five innings. Starting pitcher Josh Hargett (Itawamba) Agricultural High School was the star of the game, tossing a no-hitter of four innings and striking out three. Relief pitcher Jacob Kent (Myrtle) closed the game in the fifth inning. […]
The Tallahatchie Tidal Wave received a very special visitor at the Baptist Heathplex in USA Swimming Club Development Consultant Dave Thomas. Thomas stopped in New Albany on his way to attend the Mississippi long-course state championships, and spent time learning about the Tidal Wave program, head coach Joanna Manning said. “It is quite an honor […]
The long-awaited change for the football championships has finally arrived but, in traditional fashion, the Mississippi High School Activities Association has adjusted another sport in what is sure to lead to a giant headache once March rolls around. This upcoming school year will mark the first in recent memory where there will be no North […]
‘We’re going to Jackson’ is a thing of the past for football teams who will play in the state championship finals. The Mississippi High School Activities Association announced the change in location for the 1A through 6A championship games from the capital city of Jackson to Mississippi State University in Starkville, Miss. MSU will host […]
New Albany wrapped up their summer 7v7 season at Pontotoc as they played in a round robin scrimmage with host Pontotoc, Saltillo and Tupelo. “We ended the day 2-1 with the varsity girls picking up wins against 4A rival Pontotoc and Tupelo, the top school in North Mississippi,” New Albany coach Caryl Vogel said. […]
The DeSoto Xplorers rallied for four runs in the top of the sixth inning to tie the Northwest MS Dealers in Thursday’s high school Cotton States action. The Dealers led most of the game before the big sixth inning for DeSoto. The Xplorers had only two hits in the sixth, but took advantage of two […]
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...