Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
by Dennis Clayton Blake Spruill scored several different ways on Friday night to help lead his East Union teammates to a 29-14 win over Potts Camp. Spruill had an unofficial total of 102 yards rushing and scored three touchdowns, kicked three PAT’s and recorded a safety as he tackled the Cardinals quarterback Hunter Joyner in […]
New Albany Sportsplex/BNA Bank Park September 7 , 2013 Field 1 9:00 Nettleton vs East Union 10:15 Nettleton vs Clarkdale 11:30 Neshoba Central vs Kossuth 12:45 Neshoba Central vs Nettleton 2:00 Kossuth vs Clarkdale 3:15 Clarkdale vs West Union 4:30 Mooreville JV vs Neshoba JV 5:45 Neshoba Central vs Corinth 7:00 Tish. Co. vs East […]
Thursday September 5 Softball Hickory Flat at West Union – 5:00/6:00 V/JV Myrtle at Oxford – 5:00 V/JV East Union at Mantachie – 5:00 JV/V North Pontotoc at Ingomar – 5:00 Volleyball Corinth at New Albany – 5:30/6:30 Friday September 6 Football Pontotoc at New Albany – 7:00 East Union at Potts Camp – 7:00 […]
Student athletes from two of Northeast Mississippi Community College’s most successful athletic programs during the 2012-13 academic year received accolades for their hard work in the classroom. The Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) announced that ten Tigers and two Lady Tigers were named to the Academic All-State teams for their respective sport. […]
By Dennis Clayton The much-awaited and much-anticipated college football season has begun and we had mixed results with our teams for week one. Ole Miss had a thrilling come-from-behind win on Thursday against Vanderbilt, State lost to offensive-minded Oklahoma State and Southern Miss lost to Texas State. One game doesn’t make a season, but Ole […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany and Myrtle locked up in a low-scoring contest between county rivals on Thursday at BNA Bank Park and the Lady Bulldogs escaped with a run in their final at-bat to take the win. New Albany totaled nine hits to even their record at 5-5. Myrtle picked up six hits. Myrtle […]
By Dennis Clayton East Union jumped out to an early lead and held off an Ingomar rally in the seventh inning to defeat their county rivals by a score of 9-5 on Thursday. Mallory Roberts got the win and also contributed at the plate with two doubles. The Lady Urchins scored one run in the […]
by Dennis Clayton East Union took their offensive fireworks to Middleton for their game two and brought back a 47-36 win. Quarterback D.J. Armstrong led the Urchins as he finished 3-6 passing for 126 yards and touchdown. Armstrong also added three scores rushing on the night. Leading rushers for East Union were Jacob Elder with […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on