Mississippi State’s magical run toward a coveted national championship ended Tuesday night in an 8-0 loss to UCLA. In short, State just couldn’t execute the way they had all through the regional, super regional, and College World Series. By the way, UCLA did execute and used the field, wind, and every opportunity to their advantage […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
by Eric Olson/The Associated Press OMAHA, Neb. — A Southeastern Conference team is heading to the College World Series finals for the sixth straight year. For the first time, it’s Mississippi State. Hunter Renfroe hit a three-run homer off the back wall of the left-field bullpen, and Kendall Graveman and two relievers held the Beavers […]
Ripley High School has chosen Cliff Ormon to be their next girls basketball coach. Ripley principal Jeff Palmer confirmed the hiring Thursday afternoon. The move must be approved by the South Tippah School Board. Ormon returns to Tippah County where he coached the Pine Grove Lady Panthers for eight seasons (2004-12) before spending the last […]
Defense… That was the story of the exhibition game between the East Union Urchins against the New Albany Bulldogs Thursday night. It was a back and forth, topsy turvy, razzle dazzle game with the Urchins coming out with a 6-1 victory. It looked like a good start for the Bulldogs in the first inning on […]
Union County participants in the 2013 Itawamba Community College Soccer Camp: (left to right) Sam Hickey, Perry McKinney, Josh Hill, Rachel Rainey, Carly Hill, Caret Beth Doyle, Charlsey Rowan, Karlie Topper, Sarah Kathryn Harris. (Maggie Caldwell/ICCImages.com)
From top left to right, Ethan Kimbrough, Shaelee Manning, Jared Dillard, Jenna Tate, Joanna Manning (head coach), Marley Mills, Micah Taylor, Aidan Mills, Johnna Mills, Ella Mills, and Kevin Kimbrough (assistant coach). The local swim team members attended the 2013 State Games of Mississippi. June 8-9.
Ethan Kimbrough (6 and under boys) and Shaelee Manning (7-8 year-old girls) won high point medals at the 2013 state games of Mississippi for swimming held on June 8-9. They are from the Tallahatchie Tidal Waves swim team of New Albany, Union County and Booneville.
New Albany Volleyball Coach Shay Ashford announces the New Albany Volleyball Camp will be held June 25-27 at New Albany Middle School from 9 a.m. – 12 noon. Registration is $55.00 and all girls will receive a free volleyball. Camp is for girls ages 4-13. Contact Coach Ashford at: email@example.com or call 662-687-2592 to register […]
The 2013 College World Series has been exciting and also a bit surprising so far as we have seen the three top teams of Oregon State, LSU, and North Carolina fall into the loser’s bracket after game one. At this writing, LSU and North Carolina are due to face each other in an elimination game, […]
Among the 79 campers at the recent 2013 Blue Mountain College Girls Basketball Camp were four from Ingomar: (seated) Carson Grisham and Cara Beth Self; and (standing) Ellen Staggs and Madison Willard.
- Ashland clips Myrtle in division action January 27, 2015
- Tens of millions of retail dollars leaving county; officials planning to counter that January 28, 2015
- Burglars get cash and drugs from Rite Aid pharmacy January 28, 2015
- Soups to bowl you over January 30, 2015
- Eastern Lights January 30, 2015
- Rite-Aid burglary may be tied to string of similar break-ins January 30, 2015
- Union County jobless rate up slightly; state still worst in nation January 30, 2015
- New Albany schools announce teachers of the year January 30, 2015
- More candidates join Third District supervisor’s race January 30, 2015
- Baptist Memorial Hospital brings new surgeon in January 30, 2015
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
- Vicky Rose: Bedwell for Congress - the only candidate actively...
- Amy Harris: Friday night didn't do as well because of FOOTBAL...