BALDWYN – After two games on Saturday East Union returned homed winless, falling to both Booneville and Corinth in turn during the Baldwyn Classic Tournament. The Lady Urchins totaled three hits agains the Booneville Blue Devils in the first game, including a single by Claudia Hill in the third inning and a hit from Sallie […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
ENTERPRISE – West Union hosted their preseason tournament with fellow Union County teams Ingomar and Myrtle participating in the six-game event along with Falkner, Oxford and Hickory Flat. Each team played two games with a one hour time limit or seven innings. Ingomar 16, Oxford 5 Ingomar turned a one-run deficit after one inning into […]
OXFORD – Another football season, another dramatic win. New Albany came out firing on all cylinders for their jamboree contest against the Kossuth Aggies, winning in a 14-12 decision after taking an early lead and never looking back. For a team who averaged seven points per game last season, the two touchdowns are already an […]
NEW ALBANY – New Albany took early leads in the first two sets against Lafayette, but the Lady Commodores clawed their way back to win and took the third set by a wide margin as they won the match 3-0 on Monday. “We played hard, we just don’t know how to finish a game,” New […]
MYRTLE – Though the Lady Hawks found an early lead, the Corinth Warriors went home with the win in the Hawks 2014 slow-pitch opener. Kristen Young took the loss on the mound for the Hawks, while Corinth’s Allie Rhea Jacobs earned the win, giving up five hits and two walks to Myrtle. Young finished the […]
The Northeast Mississippi Jets earned a shut-out win on Tuesday, knocking off the Inverness Bollweevils 12-0 in five innings. Starting pitcher Josh Hargett (Itawamba) Agricultural High School was the star of the game, tossing a no-hitter of four innings and striking out three. Relief pitcher Jacob Kent (Myrtle) closed the game in the fifth inning. […]
The Tallahatchie Tidal Wave received a very special visitor at the Baptist Heathplex in USA Swimming Club Development Consultant Dave Thomas. Thomas stopped in New Albany on his way to attend the Mississippi long-course state championships, and spent time learning about the Tidal Wave program, head coach Joanna Manning said. “It is quite an honor […]
The long-awaited change for the football championships has finally arrived but, in traditional fashion, the Mississippi High School Activities Association has adjusted another sport in what is sure to lead to a giant headache once March rolls around. This upcoming school year will mark the first in recent memory where there will be no North […]
‘We’re going to Jackson’ is a thing of the past for football teams who will play in the state championship finals. The Mississippi High School Activities Association announced the change in location for the 1A through 6A championship games from the capital city of Jackson to Mississippi State University in Starkville, Miss. MSU will host […]
New Albany wrapped up their summer 7v7 season at Pontotoc as they played in a round robin scrimmage with host Pontotoc, Saltillo and Tupelo. “We ended the day 2-1 with the varsity girls picking up wins against 4A rival Pontotoc and Tupelo, the top school in North Mississippi,” New Albany coach Caryl Vogel said. […]
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6