OXFORD – Another football season, another dramatic win. New Albany came out firing on all cylinders for their jamboree contest against the Kossuth Aggies, winning in a 14-12 decision after taking an early lead and never looking back. For a team who averaged seven points per game last season, the two touchdowns are already an […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
NEW ALBANY – New Albany took early leads in the first two sets against Lafayette, but the Lady Commodores clawed their way back to win and took the third set by a wide margin as they won the match 3-0 on Monday. “We played hard, we just don’t know how to finish a game,” New […]
MYRTLE – Though the Lady Hawks found an early lead, the Corinth Warriors went home with the win in the Hawks 2014 slow-pitch opener. Kristen Young took the loss on the mound for the Hawks, while Corinth’s Allie Rhea Jacobs earned the win, giving up five hits and two walks to Myrtle. Young finished the […]
The Northeast Mississippi Jets earned a shut-out win on Tuesday, knocking off the Inverness Bollweevils 12-0 in five innings. Starting pitcher Josh Hargett (Itawamba) Agricultural High School was the star of the game, tossing a no-hitter of four innings and striking out three. Relief pitcher Jacob Kent (Myrtle) closed the game in the fifth inning. […]
The Tallahatchie Tidal Wave received a very special visitor at the Baptist Heathplex in USA Swimming Club Development Consultant Dave Thomas. Thomas stopped in New Albany on his way to attend the Mississippi long-course state championships, and spent time learning about the Tidal Wave program, head coach Joanna Manning said. “It is quite an honor […]
The long-awaited change for the football championships has finally arrived but, in traditional fashion, the Mississippi High School Activities Association has adjusted another sport in what is sure to lead to a giant headache once March rolls around. This upcoming school year will mark the first in recent memory where there will be no North […]
‘We’re going to Jackson’ is a thing of the past for football teams who will play in the state championship finals. The Mississippi High School Activities Association announced the change in location for the 1A through 6A championship games from the capital city of Jackson to Mississippi State University in Starkville, Miss. MSU will host […]
New Albany wrapped up their summer 7v7 season at Pontotoc as they played in a round robin scrimmage with host Pontotoc, Saltillo and Tupelo. “We ended the day 2-1 with the varsity girls picking up wins against 4A rival Pontotoc and Tupelo, the top school in North Mississippi,” New Albany coach Caryl Vogel said. […]
The DeSoto Xplorers rallied for four runs in the top of the sixth inning to tie the Northwest MS Dealers in Thursday’s high school Cotton States action. The Dealers led most of the game before the big sixth inning for DeSoto. The Xplorers had only two hits in the sixth, but took advantage of two […]
A fourth inning surge gave the Desoto Xplorers the edge on Saturday, as they defeated the Bay Springs Bobcats 10-5 in Cotton States High School League play. Colton Peel (Ripley) led for the Xplorers with two RBIs off a double in the fourth inning, after leading off the game with a single. Hayes McMullen (Houston), […]
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...