BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – New Albany Middle School’s teams made a clean sweep in the Union County Junior High Tournament on Thursday with the Lady Bulldogs topping East Union 28-19 and the Bulldogs completing the sweep with a 56-31 win over West Union. East Union took the early lead in the girls game, 7-5 […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
BY DENNIS CLAYTON New Albany boys clinched first place in the tough Division 1-4A win a 2-0 win as the Bulldogs completed division play with a 5-1 record. New Albany girls won easily, 10-0 and finished with a perfect 6-0 record in division. “The boys game was a lot slower this time and I thought […]
Baldwyn 77, New Albany 68, 2OT New Albany dominated Baldwyn through three quarters of play, but the combination of the Bearcat half court pressure, turnovers and Connor McKay in the fourth quarter brought Baldwyn back to tie in regulation 55-55 and eventually take the win in double overtime 77-68. Baldwyn went on a 30-10 run […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON MYRTLE – Ashland traveled to Myrtle for a Division 2-1A meeting and came away with a pair of victories, winning the girls contest 68-51 and also taking the boys matchup in the nightcap 62-55. “I thought that we let them (Ashland) make us uncomfortable,” Myrtle coach Rob Browning said. “They’re very good […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON INGOMAR – The Lady Falcons of Ingomar staggered New Albany early with a 28-7 advantage after the opening quarter and were able to hold off the Lady Bulldogs late to claim the Union County Tournament Girls Championship on Saturday. Ingomar prevailed 63-54 in the contest. “We had a good start and scored […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON Most couples enjoy doing a variety of activities together, but Robert and Sarah Garrett pushed the envelope with theirs as they competed in an Ironman Triathlon recently. “The Ironman Triathlon consists of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike and a 26.2-mile run,” Sarah said. “I’ve been doing triathlons since 2011 and my […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON INGOMAR – Ingomar’s Lady Falcons extracted a bit of revenge in their 58-47 win over Ashland in their Division 2-1A meeting on Tuesday. Ingomar is riding a nine game winning streak that began following their two point loss at the hands of the Lady Blue Devils. “Mallory Russell scored a lot down […]
Letter from Ray Kennedy, East Union Principal East Union Attendance Center is extremely proud of our new football facility and near the end of the football season, our football field house was completed. We are very grateful to the Union County School District administration, school board, other community leaders, and many friends of East Union […]
NEW ALBANY – There is a coaching shake up along Highway 30. Former Oxford High School co-defensive coordinator Jake Hill has been named the new football coach for the New Albany Bulldogs after seven year head coach Ron Price announced his resignation in November. Hill grew up in Oxford, coaching the Chargers during two state […]
NEW ALBANY – After seven years as the Bulldogs head coach, Ron Price announced his resignation to the New Albany school board on Thursday. “I’m thankful for the opportunity to have been the head coach….the last seven years have been an honor,” Price said. Price’s resume as he departs the Bulldogs program includes a 44-40 […]
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer