By Dennis Clayton East Union jumped out to an early lead and held off an Ingomar rally in the seventh inning to defeat their county rivals by a score of 9-5 on Thursday. Mallory Roberts got the win and also contributed at the plate with two doubles. The Lady Urchins scored one run in the […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
by Dennis Clayton East Union took their offensive fireworks to Middleton for their game two and brought back a 47-36 win. Quarterback D.J. Armstrong led the Urchins as he finished 3-6 passing for 126 yards and touchdown. Armstrong also added three scores rushing on the night. Leading rushers for East Union were Jacob Elder with […]
BY Zach Adams Itawamba Times FULTON – New Albany coach Ron Price and his Bulldogs led the Itawamba AHS Indians 10-7 with less than a minute to play last Friday night. Unfortunately for the visiting team, a game that saw very few big offensive plays was capped off by one when IAHS sophomore quarterback Vijay […]
BNA Bank Park tennis facility in New Albany is one of 19 tennis facilities honored for excellence as a 2013 USTA Facility Award Winner The USTA announced Aug. 21 that the BNA Bank Park Tennis Facility in New Albany is one of 19 winners of its 32nd annual USTA Facility Awards Program, which recognizes excellence […]
By GENE PHELPS Daily Journal TUPELO – New Albany coach Shay Ashford hates losing, but Thursday’s close high school volleyball loss to Tupelo – her alma mater – didn’t sting so bad. The visiting Lady Bulldogs, a second-year program, gave the Lady Wave a fight before falling 3-0 (25-21, 25-20, 25-20). “I don’t like to […]
Sometimes things are just completely inexplicable and seem to defy any sort of logic. I witnessed one of the strangest events in my life during the Union County Slow Pitch Softball Tournament at BNA Bank Park on Saturday. Now I was not the only person to see this; several of us in attendance discussed it. […]
By Dennis Clayton East Union boys took first among 2A Boys in the Tupelo Christian Preparatory School Invitational on Saturday. East Union placed three runners in the top 41 as Jordan Salmon, Zane Wilkinson and Zach Rowan all ran in the 20s in the boys 5K event. The Urchins had a total of six runners […]
by Dennis Clayton West Union’s Lady Eagles overcame their lack of offense with some serious defense to claim the title of Union County Champs in Saturday’s slow pitch softball tournament at BNA Bank Park. The Lady Eagles scored 14 runs in four games, but only gave up 3 runs to opponents. All of those runs […]
Bulldogs suffer 38-13 setback to Water Valley By Jay Tidwell Special to the News Exchange NEW ALBANY – Devin Wilson is spending this week improving himself and his teammates. The junior running back led New Albany with 63 yards on 11 carries – one for a touchdown – against Water Valley last Friday, but it […]
East Union runs to win over Houlka By Dennis Clayton East Union had several new faces in the lineup and in the backfield, but that didn’t prevent them from running over and around the visiting Houlka Wildcats on Friday night. Coach Scott Duley said “I thought our boys showed a lot of heart and it […]
- Burdette to lead Bulldogs May 19, 2015
- State of the Region meeting set for Wednesday May 22, 2015
- MHP to step up enforcement over holiday weekend May 22, 2015
- Kids’ cooking class offered next week May 22, 2015
- Frazier memorial motorcycle ride will be Saturday May 22, 2015
- NAHS administrator chosen Principal of the Year May 22, 2015
- Cancer Relay for Life date will be June 5 May 22, 2015
- Award-winning writer doesn’t follow the rules May 22, 2015
- Spray park in sportsplex opens Saturday May 22, 2015
- Office will be open Saturday morning for absentee voting May 22, 2015
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
- David: While many Countries around the world have similar...