Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
It was a night of big plays as New Albany and North Pontotoc met in a non-division contest as the Bulldogs celebrated Homecoming. The celebration was made complete when Eathen Rainey’s 36 yard field goal split the uprights in overtime to lift New Albany to comeback win of 24-21. New Albany found themselves trailing North […]
SPORTS CALENDAR Thursday September 26 Softball West Union at Hickory Flat – 5:00/6:00 V/JV Ingomar at Myrtle – 5:00 Friday September 27 Football North Pontotoc at New Albany (Homecoming) – 7:00 Saturday September 28 Cross Country Southern Tees Challenge @ BNA Bank Park & Sportsplex East Union, Ingomar, Myrtle, New Albany and West Union participating […]
By Dennis Clayton East Union overcame the extremely wet field conditions and a slick football to take the win over Strayhorn and remain undefeated on the season. Coach Scott Duley said “It was a big win tonight, I told the boys that it was better to win ugly than to lose pretty. Our offense was […]
By Dennis Clayton Friday night the North Pontotoc Vikings will be visiting New Albany as the Homecoming guests. In years past, the teams were division opponents in 4A, but the Viking moved down to 3A with the most recent classification. The visitors from Ecru still feature multi-purpose athlete Marcus Green, a threat to score any […]
By Dennis Clayton East Union boys and Myrtle girls ran well at the Saltillo Invitational cross country meet on Saturday as both finished second in the 1A-3A division. East Union had 10 runners that ran the course in under 21 minutes. The Urchins were led by Jordan Salmon (18:15.05) and Zach Rowan (18:57.16) who finished […]
By Blake Long Special to the Journal CORINTH – Coaches tend to run the football 99 percent of the time when playing in heavy rain and wet field conditions. The Corinth Warriors broke that mold on Friday night and used the air game on the way to a 24-16 victory over New Albany. “I just […]
By Dennis Clayton The West Union Lady Eagles used a huge fourth inning to break open a one-run game and win their division game against Myrtle 10-0. West Union sent 10 batters to the plate and scored six runs to secure the win. The Lady Eagles loaded the bases in the fourth with no outs […]
Friday night was vastly different from the previous ones. We had experienced dry weather for so many weeks and the temperatures had been quite nice as well. That all changed with the front that came through on Friday. Rain, rain, and more rain came down and at time it seemed in buckets. The football games […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Second Rubber Duck Regatta called success October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on