Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Thursday, October 3 Softball Ingomar at West Union – 5:00/6:00 V/JV East Union at Myrtle – 5:00/6:00 V/JV New Albany at Belmont – 5:30 Friday, October 4 Football East Union at New Site – 7:00 New Albany at Senatobia – 7:00 Softball Jumpertown at West Union – 5:00/6:00 V/JV Saturday, October 5 Cross Country New […]
The past weekend was not one for the faint of heart in terms of activities and outcomes. Beginning with the come-from-behind thriller at New Albany’s Homecoming game to the exhausting activity of cross country, we had it all in the span of 18 hours. Let’s begin with football. Here’s the scenario: four plays into the […]
By Dennis Clayton Myrtle girls turned in an impressive and dominating performance in the 1A-3A Girls 4000 meters at the Southerntees Challenge on Saturday. The Lady Hawks placed eight runners in the top 16 to take the trophy home as the top overall team in the event. All eight runners finished the course in times […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News Exchange Larenz Jones provided the spark for a thrilling comeback by New Albany. After Cedric Buford batted down a field goal attempt by North Pontotoc’s John Gonzales early in the fourth quarter, Jones grabbed the loose ball and sprinted 70 yards for the end zone. It was the […]
Photo by Dennis Clayton New Albany came out strong against Pontotoc early, but Pontotoc rallied from a 2-1 deficit and won the match 3-2 on Tuesday. The Lady Bulldogs ran off six straight points to begin the set, then later ran off four straight points to take the 10-1 lead. New Albany later ran off […]
It was a night of big plays as New Albany and North Pontotoc met in a non-division contest as the Bulldogs celebrated Homecoming. The celebration was made complete when Eathen Rainey’s 36 yard field goal split the uprights in overtime to lift New Albany to comeback win of 24-21. New Albany found themselves trailing North […]
SPORTS CALENDAR Thursday September 26 Softball West Union at Hickory Flat – 5:00/6:00 V/JV Ingomar at Myrtle – 5:00 Friday September 27 Football North Pontotoc at New Albany (Homecoming) – 7:00 Saturday September 28 Cross Country Southern Tees Challenge @ BNA Bank Park & Sportsplex East Union, Ingomar, Myrtle, New Albany and West Union participating […]
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on