The New Albany Park Commission announces registration for its Fall Soccer Season and for Flag Football. Registration began Monday, July 8, and will run through Aug. 16. The fee for both is $40 per child ($35 per each sibling). For soccer, the child must be born between Aug. 1, 1999 and July 31, 2009. For […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
That’s what I’m talking about We normally talk about sports related to high school here, but the finish of The Open golf tournament and Phil Mickelson’s final round performance bear addressing. As the great baseball philosopher and player Yogi Berra said, “It’s not over until it’s over.” Mickelson proved Berra to be correct on that […]
Five athletic programs at Blue Mountain College have been named NAIA Scholar-Teams for their achievement in the classrooms. For a team to be considered for the NAIA Scholar-Team award, it must have a minimum 3.0 grade-point average (on a 4.0 scale) as defined by the institution. The team grade-point average includes all eligible varsity student-athletes. […]
Northeast Mississippi Tennis Assoc. is looking to grow the sport of tennis in the North Mississippi area. They are looking for children, teens, and adults who want to learn to play tennis. As a way to grow the sport they are providing six free tennis lessons from local professionals in the areas of Union, Lee, […]
The Sunday matchup between the Lookouts and Swamp Monsters was a battle of attrition of sorts in the late innings as the teams combined for a total of 21 runs in the final two innings. The teams reached the time limit and stood tied 13-13 after all the run scoring. The first four innings […]
Adam Gore/LetsGoICC.com Itawamba Community College announced its 2013 football schedule on Monday. The nine-game schedule includes a road trip to defending Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) champion Copiah-Lincoln along with East Central, Mississippi Delta, Northwest and Northeast visiting Easton Field this season. “It’s the same tough schedule that everyone has in this […]
By Jake Dean The event of lifting a heavier weight than your opponent to see who is the strongest has been around stretching as far back as the ancient Greek time period. This Olympic sport has now branched out to high schools as well. Competitions are held and sanctioned by MHSAA representatives and officials. Locally, […]
Cotton States High School League Team Standings as of July 15, 2013 Team W L T Pct BlackPrairie Mudcats 5 1 0 .833 Swamp Monsters…… 5 1 0 .833 North Delta Dealers. 4 1 0 .800 HillCountry Generals 5 2 0 .714 Woodall Mtn Lookouts 3 3 0 .500 Tippah Tribe…….. 3 4 0 .429 […]
- Downtown crosswalks January 21, 2015
- When numerals are Roman January 28, 2015
- Hancock enters supervisor, District 1 race January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co. to build new warehouse January 28, 2015
- Retail Strategies January 28, 2015
- Burglars get cash and drugs from Rite Aid pharmacy January 28, 2015
- Tens of millions of retail dollars leaving county; officials planning to counter that January 28, 2015
- E-911 upgrade to cost county $100,000-plus January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co., former grocery wholesaler, to expand January 28, 2015
- Former city clerk dies at 100 January 28, 2015
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
- Vicky Rose: Bedwell for Congress - the only candidate actively...
- Amy Harris: Friday night didn't do as well because of FOOTBAL...