BY DENNIS CLAYTON INGOMAR – The Lady Falcons of Ingomar staggered New Albany early with a 28-7 advantage after the opening quarter and were able to hold off the Lady Bulldogs late to claim the Union County Tournament Girls Championship on Saturday. Ingomar prevailed 63-54 in the contest. “We had a good start and scored […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
BY DENNIS CLAYTON Most couples enjoy doing a variety of activities together, but Robert and Sarah Garrett pushed the envelope with theirs as they competed in an Ironman Triathlon recently. “The Ironman Triathlon consists of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike and a 26.2-mile run,” Sarah said. “I’ve been doing triathlons since 2011 and my […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON INGOMAR – Ingomar’s Lady Falcons extracted a bit of revenge in their 58-47 win over Ashland in their Division 2-1A meeting on Tuesday. Ingomar is riding a nine game winning streak that began following their two point loss at the hands of the Lady Blue Devils. “Mallory Russell scored a lot down […]
Letter from Ray Kennedy, East Union Principal East Union Attendance Center is extremely proud of our new football facility and near the end of the football season, our football field house was completed. We are very grateful to the Union County School District administration, school board, other community leaders, and many friends of East Union […]
NEW ALBANY – There is a coaching shake up along Highway 30. Former Oxford High School co-defensive coordinator Jake Hill has been named the new football coach for the New Albany Bulldogs after seven year head coach Ron Price announced his resignation in November. Hill grew up in Oxford, coaching the Chargers during two state […]
NEW ALBANY – After seven years as the Bulldogs head coach, Ron Price announced his resignation to the New Albany school board on Thursday. “I’m thankful for the opportunity to have been the head coach….the last seven years have been an honor,” Price said. Price’s resume as he departs the Bulldogs program includes a 44-40 […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON Coach Scott Duley stated in the preseason that for his 2014 East Union team to be successful they needed to avoid injuries and play with consistency. Unfortunately the Urchins were hit with a rash of injuries that shelved nearly a dozen starters. East Union failed to jell as unit until late in […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union hits the road for a Thursday night Division 1-2A contest with Mantachie. East Union enters the game needing to win both of their remaining games to be able to make the playoffs. Both teams enter with 0-3 division records. “I think that they are a lot like us, they have […]
BYHALIA – It took seven weeks for New Albany to find a win, but that made it all the sweeter at the conclusion of a 35-6 victory over Byhalia. “All year we have needed something to spark our team and get us going. Tonight our special teams got us going….defense played outstanding, offense had some […]
WALNUT – Armani Linton shook off the effects of an early first quarter injury and led his Walnut Wildcats to a 35-14 division win over East Union on Friday. Linton gained 170 yards on the ground and scored three rushing touchdowns for Walnut. “I hate to keep saying it, but we’ve got 11 starters out […]
- Seminoles slip past Hawks in seventh to tie series April 30, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6