(B) Ingomar 71, Coldwater 65 Ingomar rallied from a 63-56 deficit, going on a 15-2 run to close the contest and win in the first round of State 1A playoffs on Tuesday. The game featured 10 lead changes plus numerous ties, with the largest lead only being seven points. Ingomar held an early lead by […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
The blast of winter weather forced the postponement of the Girls North playoffs scheduled on Monday for four Union County area teams. All of the contests are rescheduled for Wednesday, weather permitting. Here is a listing of the games and the rescheduled dates and times: Wednesday, February 25 6:00 – Mound Bayou JFK at Ingomar […]
OXFORD – New Albany appeared to still be on the bus in the opening quarter of their 2-4A division tournament game against Lafayette. The Bulldogs found themselves on the wrong end of the 18-12 score, but they kept grinding and working to down the Commodores 57-50 on Wednesday. “You can’t make excuses, they (Lafayette) just […]
ASHLAND – After being pushed back by one day due to winter weather, the 2-1A division tournament got off to a start in Ashland. On Wednesday’s opening night slate were two Union County teams, as well as the Hickory Flat Rebels. Thursday will see Ingomar’s Lady Falcons and Myrtle’s Hawks boys’ teams making their tournament […]
HATLEY – In a put-out round, the home-standing Hatley Tigers did enough to keep their season going, defeating East Union’s Lady Urchins 51-47 in the 1-2A Division Tournament. East Union opened strong, gaining a 12-5 advantage over the Lady Tigers that quickly evaporated as Hatley staged a 8-0 to end the first quarter and opened […]
MYRTLE – The Hawks closed up the regular season with a split decision against Potts Camp, as the Lady Cardinals held off the advancing Lady Hawks for a 67-62 win while the Myrtle boys’ team earned a 62-58 victory. Missing starter Ivory Montgomery, the Lady Hawks needed a big game from post player Jessica Floyd. […]
SALTILLO – East Union used a slower tempo to defeat a much taller Saltillo team 40-33 on Friday night. East Union spread their offense and worked for the high percentage shots to take the win. The Urchins boys were defeated by a 61-47 score. “I knew they (Saltillo) were big and they presented some challenges […]
INGOMAR – Ingomar and New Albany met again for the second time in less than a month and the Lady Falcons kept their win streak alive in a took a 56-36 win over the Bulldogs New Albany won the nightcap 70-56. In both games, the winning team took an early lead and never relinquished it. […]
ELLISTOWN – In their last home game of the season, the Urchins garnered a pair of wins as both squads defeating the Trasher Rebels. The Lady Urchins took a 71-38 victory while the Urchins won in a 85-34 final. The girls opened their game with a 13-2 run, going on to outscore the Lady Rebels […]
Five New Albany Bulldog players have received All-District honors from the 2-4A coaches who selected the team on Wednesday. Among the selections are junior Miles Washington as Defensive MVP. Washington is joined on the team by Jarel Lipsey and Rashad McWilliams while Reggie McWilliams was awarded an Honorable Mention. For the Lady Dawgs, Samantha Bridges […]
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...