by Dennis Clayton Blake Spruill scored several different ways on Friday night to help lead his East Union teammates to a 29-14 win over Potts Camp. Spruill had an unofficial total of 102 yards rushing and scored three touchdowns, kicked three PAT’s and recorded a safety as he tackled the Cardinals quarterback Hunter Joyner in […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
New Albany Sportsplex/BNA Bank Park September 7 , 2013 Field 1 9:00 Nettleton vs East Union 10:15 Nettleton vs Clarkdale 11:30 Neshoba Central vs Kossuth 12:45 Neshoba Central vs Nettleton 2:00 Kossuth vs Clarkdale 3:15 Clarkdale vs West Union 4:30 Mooreville JV vs Neshoba JV 5:45 Neshoba Central vs Corinth 7:00 Tish. Co. vs East […]
Thursday September 5 Softball Hickory Flat at West Union – 5:00/6:00 V/JV Myrtle at Oxford – 5:00 V/JV East Union at Mantachie – 5:00 JV/V North Pontotoc at Ingomar – 5:00 Volleyball Corinth at New Albany – 5:30/6:30 Friday September 6 Football Pontotoc at New Albany – 7:00 East Union at Potts Camp – 7:00 […]
Student athletes from two of Northeast Mississippi Community College’s most successful athletic programs during the 2012-13 academic year received accolades for their hard work in the classroom. The Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) announced that ten Tigers and two Lady Tigers were named to the Academic All-State teams for their respective sport. […]
By Dennis Clayton The much-awaited and much-anticipated college football season has begun and we had mixed results with our teams for week one. Ole Miss had a thrilling come-from-behind win on Thursday against Vanderbilt, State lost to offensive-minded Oklahoma State and Southern Miss lost to Texas State. One game doesn’t make a season, but Ole […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany and Myrtle locked up in a low-scoring contest between county rivals on Thursday at BNA Bank Park and the Lady Bulldogs escaped with a run in their final at-bat to take the win. New Albany totaled nine hits to even their record at 5-5. Myrtle picked up six hits. Myrtle […]
By Dennis Clayton East Union jumped out to an early lead and held off an Ingomar rally in the seventh inning to defeat their county rivals by a score of 9-5 on Thursday. Mallory Roberts got the win and also contributed at the plate with two doubles. The Lady Urchins scored one run in the […]
by Dennis Clayton East Union took their offensive fireworks to Middleton for their game two and brought back a 47-36 win. Quarterback D.J. Armstrong led the Urchins as he finished 3-6 passing for 126 yards and touchdown. Armstrong also added three scores rushing on the night. Leading rushers for East Union were Jacob Elder with […]
BY Zach Adams Itawamba Times FULTON – New Albany coach Ron Price and his Bulldogs led the Itawamba AHS Indians 10-7 with less than a minute to play last Friday night. Unfortunately for the visiting team, a game that saw very few big offensive plays was capped off by one when IAHS sophomore quarterback Vijay […]
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley to hold Union County town hall meeting February 25, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- Urchins fall to Chieftains’ scoring surge February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Ian Somer: I can clearly see one thing here: no one genuinely...
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...