Thursday October 10 Softball East Union at West Union – 5:00/6:00 V/JV (Senior night) Holly Springs at New Albany – 5:00 (Senior night) Myrtle at Tupelo – 5:30/6:30 V/JV Friday October 11 Football Byhalia at New Albany – 7:00 Walnut at East Union (BNA Bank Park) – 7:00 Saturday October 12 Volleyball Division tournament at […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Saturday, Oct. 5, was the first-ever Dawgs Trails Classic Cross Country Meet to be held at the new course at the New Albany Elementary School. Five schools participated with New Albany and Myrtle being the local teams from here. Kitana High won the girls 4000 meters with a time of 17:23. She was followed by […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany took full advantage of the field position game to down Senatobia 27-2 in Friday’s division opener at Senatobia. New Albany also made the most of the turnovers they received from the Warriors and turned them into critical points. Senatobia broke on the score board first as the Warriors recorded a […]
By Dennis Clayton West Union scored early in the game and then held on to down Ingomar 5-4 in the final division game for both teams. With the win, West Union went undefeated in the division and claimed first place. Ingomar finished tied with Myrtle at 3-3 in the division, but Myrtle will be heading […]
By Dennis Clayton East Union jumped out to an early lead and scored every inning of the five-inning affair to defeat Falkner 14-4 on Monday night as they recognized their seniors. Katey Hunt provided the blast to get things started with her three-run homer in the first with two on. Sallie Roberts had reached on […]
The fall sports regular season is practically in the books for our area softball teams as they now turn their focus to the post-season. We have the distinction of sending four teams to the post-season with East Union, Myrtle, New Albany and West Union all punching their tickets for the first round beginning next week […]
Adam Gore MARIETTA, MS – Coach Scott Duley didn’t know that senior running back Blake Spruill had eclipsed the 200-yard rushing mark in East Union’s division opening 59-22 win over New Site, but the impressive night didn’t come as a surprise to the head coach. “I knew he had a good night, but didn’t realize […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Second Rubber Duck Regatta called success October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on