Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
Myrtle was well represented in the top positions of team girls and individual boys at the Pontotoc Invitational. Myrtle girls placed six runners in the top 20 and that enabled them to edge out New Site in points 56-59 and capture first place in the varsity girls 4000 meter run in 1A-3A. Marquez Howell of […]
Friday night’s game between New Albany and Amory had one of the most exciting endings that you will ever witness. What made it even more exciting was the way the emotions of the game swung one way and then another, then back the other way. Things started innocently enough with New Albany settling to let […]
Emily Cook had two hits, scored two runs and was the winning pitcher for Myrtle in their home division win over Ingomar. Morgan Gooch is behind the plate for Ingomar. Photo by Dennis Clayton Myrtle needed not only a win over Ingomar, they needed to cover the run differential from an earlier loss to the […]
Aniston McClellan was honored with an invitation to the Top 5 Banquet at the McClain Lodge in Brandon, MS, on August 17. This is a banquet for swimmers who had a time during the year that placed in the top 5 in the state in every event all year (short and long courses). The swimmers […]
Brittany Taylor singles in the first inning for West Union. Taylor collected four hits on the day to lead the Lady Eagles as they defeated Ingomar 14-5 in their 1A division matchup. Photo by Dennis Clayton by Dennis Clayton West Union wasted little time denting the scoreboard as they picked up three runs in the […]
by Dennis Clayton The ending to Friday’s football game between Amory and New Albany was bizarre to say the least, but at least Chris Brown didn’t take the time to try to figure everything out. All Brown did was react to a loose football after New Albany’s field goal attempt to win the contest was […]
SPORTS CALENDAR Thursday September 12 Softball Hickory Flat at Myrtle – 5:00 V/JV East Union at North Pontotoc – 5:00 JV/V New Albany at Shannon – 5:00 West Union at Mantachie – 5:00 JV/V Volleyball New Albany at Potts Camp – 5:30/6:30 Friday September 13 Football Amory at New Albany – 7:00 Saturday September 14 […]
New Albany wins at the buzzer By Jay Tidwell Special to the News Exchange NEW ALBANY – Ron Price is glad he was willing to take a risk. With time running out in a back-and-forth game against Pontotoc, Price said his plan was to have his quarterback kneel, let time expire, and hope for a […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Ground game leads Bulldogs to win over Pontotoc September 5, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...