INGOMAR – Late in the fourth quarter, Ingomar trailed Coldwater in the first round of the Class 1A state playoffs. Not only did the Falcons need a big play, they needed someone to step up and lead the team. They got both in senior Laquain Foster, who turned a turnover earned by Ingomar’s defense into […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
OKOLONA – East Union started out hot on Tuesday, sinking five three-pointers in the opening minutes of their Class 2A playoff game, but the Urchins came up short losing 70-55 to the Okolona Chieftains. East Union’s 17-16 lead at the end of the first quarter was led by the efforts of Hunter Nobles, who earned […]
Hickory Flat’s playoff run ended on Tuesday as the Rebels lost 80-64 to John F. Kennedy High School in the Hornets’ second half comeback. Rebels leading scorers Randtail Isom and Hunter Mason both posted double-doubles in their final game. Isom scored 29 points and earned 10 rebounds, while Mason added 23 points and 10 rebounds. […]
New Albany gained a narrow 53-52 victory on Tuesday, defeating Greenwood in the opening round of the Class 4A state playoffs. “I feel that our offensive execution and our kids’ willingness to match their (Greenwood) physicality on both ends of the court were definitely the keys to the win,” New Albany coach Brad Gray said. […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ASHLAND – Ingomar’s Lady Falcons rallied in the second half to win the Division 2-1A tournament championship on Saturday, defeating Ashland 45-35. Ingomar trailed 27-20 with 4:05 left in the third quarter, but the Lady Falcons went on a 25-8 run to close the game and take the win. “We did have […]
(B) Ingomar 71, Coldwater 65 Ingomar rallied from a 63-56 deficit, going on a 15-2 run to close the contest and win in the first round of State 1A playoffs on Tuesday. The game featured 10 lead changes plus numerous ties, with the largest lead only being seven points. Ingomar held an early lead by […]
The blast of winter weather forced the postponement of the Girls North playoffs scheduled on Monday for four Union County area teams. All of the contests are rescheduled for Wednesday, weather permitting. Here is a listing of the games and the rescheduled dates and times: Wednesday, February 25 6:00 – Mound Bayou JFK at Ingomar […]
OXFORD – New Albany appeared to still be on the bus in the opening quarter of their 2-4A division tournament game against Lafayette. The Bulldogs found themselves on the wrong end of the 18-12 score, but they kept grinding and working to down the Commodores 57-50 on Wednesday. “You can’t make excuses, they (Lafayette) just […]
ASHLAND – After being pushed back by one day due to winter weather, the 2-1A division tournament got off to a start in Ashland. On Wednesday’s opening night slate were two Union County teams, as well as the Hickory Flat Rebels. Thursday will see Ingomar’s Lady Falcons and Myrtle’s Hawks boys’ teams making their tournament […]
HATLEY – In a put-out round, the home-standing Hatley Tigers did enough to keep their season going, defeating East Union’s Lady Urchins 51-47 in the 1-2A Division Tournament. East Union opened strong, gaining a 12-5 advantage over the Lady Tigers that quickly evaporated as Hatley staged a 8-0 to end the first quarter and opened […]
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...