NEW ALBANY – After seven years as the Bulldogs head coach, Ron Price announced his resignation to the New Albany school board on Thursday. “I’m thankful for the opportunity to have been the head coach….the last seven years have been an honor,” Price said. Price’s resume as he departs the Bulldogs program includes a 44-40 […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
BY DENNIS CLAYTON Coach Scott Duley stated in the preseason that for his 2014 East Union team to be successful they needed to avoid injuries and play with consistency. Unfortunately the Urchins were hit with a rash of injuries that shelved nearly a dozen starters. East Union failed to jell as unit until late in […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union hits the road for a Thursday night Division 1-2A contest with Mantachie. East Union enters the game needing to win both of their remaining games to be able to make the playoffs. Both teams enter with 0-3 division records. “I think that they are a lot like us, they have […]
BYHALIA – It took seven weeks for New Albany to find a win, but that made it all the sweeter at the conclusion of a 35-6 victory over Byhalia. “All year we have needed something to spark our team and get us going. Tonight our special teams got us going….defense played outstanding, offense had some […]
WALNUT – Armani Linton shook off the effects of an early first quarter injury and led his Walnut Wildcats to a 35-14 division win over East Union on Friday. Linton gained 170 yards on the ground and scored three rushing touchdowns for Walnut. “I hate to keep saying it, but we’ve got 11 starters out […]
MYRTLE – Myrtle used a big first inning outburst to take the early lead and coast to a 10-0 win over Tupelo in five innings. The Lady Hawks batted around and scored six runs in the first to take a commanding 6-0 lead. “I thought we hit the ball extremely well tonight,” Myrtle coach Marty […]
ELLISTOWN – In their final regular season game of the year, East Union was slow to get started. In contrast, the West Union Lady Eagles came out swinging, taking a decisive 8-2 lead over the Urchins. Still, East Union won the contest, finding seven runs in the sixth inning for a 12-8 victory. “I told […]
STRAYHORN – East Union has fought the injury bug since game one and Friday night the Urchins played without eight starters as they lost on the road to Strayhorn 20-0. The Urchins again reshuffled their lineup, including a new offensive line which has not seen the same five starters all season. “We played short-handed, but […]
Friday wasn’t a good day for the Bulldogs, who remain winless after a 52-13 loss to Corinth. Setbacks began long before game time, with two starters arriving to school on game day with injuries. “Our center, Hunt Parks, comes to me and I find out he’s got a broken hand, and then Isaiah Powell is […]
MYRTLE – The Lady Hawks of Myrtle needed a win to stay in the playoff picture in their division and they rode a 16-hit attack to avenge an earlier loss as they defeated West Union 8-2 on Thursday. “I was pleased with the intensity and urgency that our girls played with,” Myrtle coach Marty Cook […]
- Kiwanis Hotbed January 23, 2015
- Hancock enters supervisor, District 1 race January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co. to build new warehouse January 28, 2015
- Retail Strategies January 28, 2015
- New bladder pacemaker offers help with incontinence January 28, 2015
- Burglars get cash and drugs from Rite Aid pharmacy January 28, 2015
- Tens of millions of retail dollars leaving county; officials planning to counter that January 28, 2015
- E-911 upgrade to cost county $100,000-plus January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co., former grocery wholesaler, to expand January 28, 2015
- Former city clerk dies at 100 January 28, 2015
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
- Vicky Rose: Bedwell for Congress - the only candidate actively...
- Amy Harris: Friday night didn't do as well because of FOOTBAL...