Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union will go on the road to face New Site in their last game against non-division opponents on Friday. The Urchins take a 3-2 record into the contest while the Royals are 0-4. “They (New Site) are big and run a lot of different formations,” East Union Head Coach Kevin Walton […]
BALDWYN – Baldwyn got a heavy dose of Rebecca Sheffield and Tianna Castillo on Tuesday as the duo were a force at the plate and in the field as the East Union Lady Urchins defeated the Lady Bearcats 12-2 in five innings of Division 1-2A softball. The pair went back-to-back with home runs to jump […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON Saturday’s SouthernTee’s Challenge will host a field of 24 teams and should again prove to be extremely competitive in all four varsity races. East Union is fresh off a big day at the Saltillo Invitational in the 1A-3A boys as they took first with 43 points easily out-distancing second place Potts Camp’s […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON HICKORY FLAT – West Union bunched all their runs into two innings to down Hickory Flat 9-1 in their Division 2-1A game on Thursday. Chase Coffey had a big day at the plate, driving in three runs with a double and single plus adding a run scored of her own. After Hickory […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ENTERPRISE – West Union came into Tuesday’s game against Division 2-1A rival needing not only a win, but needing to win by three runs. They got the win and nearly had the run differential, but the Lady Hawks rallied for four runs with two outs in the seventh to close to within […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON SALTILLO – East Union boys ran in dominating fashion at the Saltillo Invitational Meet on Saturday as they took top honors in the 1A-3A division with 43 points, easily outdistancing second place Potts Camp, which finished with 128 points. Jordon Salmon led the Urchins with his second place finish with a time […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – Cade Bell and his offense rallied in the final minute of the first half to score two touchdowns in 31 seconds and carried that momentum into the second half to a 68-36 win over Alcorn Central. Alcorn Central had just scored two quick touchdowns to take a 28-14 and seemed […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON BALDWYN – Baldwyn got a heavy dose of Rebecca Sheffield and Tianna Castillo on Tuesday as the duo were a force at the plate and in the field as the East Union Lady Urchins defeated the Lady Bearcats 12-2 in five innings of Division 1-2A softball. The pair went back-to-back with home […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON ELLISTOWN – Just when Alcorn Central appeared to have all the momentum following a fumble return for touchdown with 4:03 left in the half, but quarterback Cade Bell coolly led the Urchins back to score twice in 31 seconds to tie the game 28-28. Bell was 6 of 6 passing for 72 […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on